Zando was founded in 2012 and since then has grown exponentially to become South Africa’s biggest online fashion store. Zando forms part of the Jumia Group, the leading e-commerce platform in Africa. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive. With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa and offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a finance professional to join our Jumia Investor Relations team in the role of Investor Relations Manager. This role reports into the Head of Investor Relations & Corporate Development.
This person will be a key contact point for investors and research analysts and work in close partnership with a number of internal parties including Finance and FP&A, Business Intelligence, Legal and Public Relations.
- Central role in the preparation of quarterly earnings materials including review and analysis of financial performance and drafting of all relevant communication materials: earnings release, presentation, script and Q&A
- Monitor sell-side research and maintain analyst consensus model
- Conduct peer reporting benchmarking analysis to identify trends and developments relevant to Jumia
- Assist with investor targeting and engagement. Manage the Investor Relations calendar including the planning of investor conferences, non-deal roadshows etc.
- Assist in handling investors and analysts’ enquiries, ensuring responses are timely, accurate and consistent with the agreed upon messages and disclosures
- Assist in the preparation of internal materials to report on trading performance, investor feedback and shareholder register movements
- Manage the Investor Relations website, including regular content updates. Monitor trends in online shareholder communication to identify developments relevant to the group and IR
- Work with the Public Relations team to ensure consistent corporate messaging
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or similar field; CFA advantageous
- 3-5 years experience working in financial services: investor relations, equity research, investment banking, private equity, audit or related work
- Strong financial and investment analysis capabilities, including experience with financial modeling and valuation. Experience with Factset or similar service is a plus
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Strong interest in Africa and Jumia’s mission on the continent. Positive, resilient and hard-working team player
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
*This appointment will be made in accordance with the Company’s Employment Equity Plan and preference will be given to people from Designated Groups and people with a disability, provided such job applicants meet the inherent criteria of the vacancy.* Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.