This role is for our US Based Client and working hours will be from 12:00 midday - 9:00PM South Africa (GMT+2), this is non-negotiable.
A Software Engineer is someone who develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions. You determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
**MUST HAVE**: Cloud migration skills on AWS with good understanding / background on Java
If that's what you do & you're an expert in Java and microservices, let us know and you could be our next to join our team!
You have the following technical competencies
- Minimum of 5 years Experience with Software Development, Data Warehousing or Big Data.
- You have at least 5 years experience in Java.
- Experience working with both maven and gradle.
- Experience in creating microservices, in particular Spring Boot.
- Experience with cloud technologies.
- Some experience in Kubernetes and Docker.
You have the following track record
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or any related field
- Experience in taking responsibility for delivery and quality.
- Proven track record of delivering projects successfully
- Experience in breaking down high level Epics into manageable stories for teams
- Experience in architectural design of platform components
- You need to be able to provide input for architectural decisions, based on practical implications of the technologies and not only the theoretical benefits of said tech
What other personal competencies would you need?
- The ability to solve problems.
- The ability to rotate around a problem, to see if solutions can be gained in different ways.
- The ability to work as part of a team, with vastly differing skill sets and opinions.
- The ability to contribute ideas to the quorum.
- The ability to mentor and provide guidance for other team members.
- A systems approach to thinking, as opposed to a siloed approach. The candidate needs to understand how their work affects the greater system.
- The ability to work without supervision, and take accountability for the work they deliver.
- The ability to liaise with a client, sifting through the fluff and extracting the actual requirements.