We are looking for a Web Developer with proven experience in developing corporate websites using the Joomla Content Management System. The Web Developer will work with our Marketing Department and Designers to produce corporate websites in accordance with our corporate brand guidelines.
- A degree or diploma in computer science or a related field is preferred.
- Ongoing and current studies will be taken into account.
- Certificates and online studies are considered.
- Website portfolio from projects developed will assist greatly in the selection process.
- Levels of experience from mid-level and upwards will be taken into account.
- Personal experience (self-taught and experimentation) will be considered provided that it may be demonstrated to be valid.
- Training in technologies and methodologies will be provided with the use of online courses.
- Time and consideration is made for upskilling.
- Applicants should be able to self-study.
- The focus on developers is growth and development.
These are the skills that the developer will be required already know and will be working with on a daily basis:
- Ubuntu Linux 16+
- MySQL / MariaDB and Relational Databases
- Joomla Plugin, Module and Component Development and Packaging
- SP Page Builder
- HTML, CSS, Templating
- Git SCM, Github
- Email and Word processing (G Suite, specifically)
A developer will be required to learn, know and comprehend the following concepts in order to perform best in a way that meets organisational goals:
- Object Oriented (OO) Design
- Design Patterns
- Database Design
- Modern Web Frameworks
- Restful API’s
- Concurrent Programming
- Algorithm Analysis
- Interaction Design
- Security Concepts
- The individual concerned should be able to accommodate change as part of normal daily work without experiencing stress.
- The individual should be able to self-manage their time and work schedules to accomplish goals.
- The ability to work within teams and understand the need for communication is important.
- The person should be able to receive feedback and criticism and incorporate any changes as needed.
- A keen interest and ability to learn is highly recommended.
- The ability to handle large amounts of new information.
- Problem-solving and issue-tracking.
- No significant physical demands are required as the job is desk-bound.
Contract length: 3 months