"People around the world will turn to ClearScore when they think about financial decisions. We make personal finance clearer, calmer and easier to understand. We help people take decisions that create greater financial well-being." This is the ClearScore mission, and what you will see when you come into our office.
ClearScore is one of the fastest growing FinTechs in Europe. We've changed the credit scoring and credit report market in the UK, South Africa and Australia forever and our mission is to transform how people manage their personal finances around the world. From building financial literacy chatbots, to creating industry leading relationships and integrations with financial institutions, our technology and our developers enable the creation of the next generation of consumer-facing financial technology.
We are proud to say that our engineers at ClearScore are world class and at the heart of making this mission a reality for our millions of users.
For more information on our tech stack check out our Tech Radar 2020, how we work is summarised in our Engineering Principles and we have many other Tech Blogs on Medium.
About The Role
- You will work with the ClearScore South Africa team to integrate partners and optimise the product for the local market
- Our global microservices architecture is built primarily on Akka Http using Scala
- We embrace the 'You build it, you run it' principle, so you'll be working with AWS, Kubernetes and Spinnaker to release your code to production
- We have adopted a Quality Assistance program, so you'll be working alongside QA to build, test, release and monitor your work
- Our delivery teams are cross-functional and you will be collaborating closely with other developers, QA, data analysts and product managers
- We value TDD and detailed peer-reviewing, as it enables us to do frequent yet resilient releases to global markets (we even did a PR on this job spec!)
- Some members of the backend team have learnt Scala on the job, so we have all the resources and support available, if you are willing and keen to learn
- We're always looking for ways to do things better and encourage new joiners to bring their ideas and ways of working to the table
What You Would Be Doing
- Deploying your code to production, affecting millions of users globally, within your first couple of days of joining
- Writing new features to attract new customers and improving our current features to engage existing customers better
- Integrating with new partners so that we can tackle underserved markets and offer our customers better deals
- Influencing the direction of critical ClearScore services and building the tools that allow us to scale rapidly
- Holidays – 20 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Medical Aid
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Flexible, generous and personalised maternity and paternity plans
- Monthly team events and office days out that we get to choose, and company events at the end of each race and retro
Hit apply for a chat with our team to see if this role is a great fit for you.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join ClearScore. We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people. Please see our People Policy Notice at https://www.clearscore.com/people-notice