Nas Global is building a platform to help content creators diversify their content to reach audiences in new languages and countries. 75% of internet users don't speak English, yet the majority of online content is in English. We are here to change that, one creator at a time, using our deep expertise in social media combined with a streamlined localization process and internal technology tool (https://lesan.io); this is how we grew Nas Daily from 1 English page to 16 localized pages, reaching 42 million followers globally. We are looking for a Junior Backend engineer to join our early team to scale the tech product and help empower more creators to bridge the language gap of the Internet.About this roleThe role will be responsible for building the backend infrastructure and API services of Lesan, our localization platform. You will ensure the performance and quality of the application, collaborate with a cross-functional team to define and design the application, and be responsible for a scalable infrastructure capable of handling terabytes worth of content that we are processing every month.Who you are
- Demonstrated 2+ years of experience in back end software development, particularly web applications (we welcome you to show us anything cool you have built)
- Experienced in at least 1 Cloud-based deployment solutions, preferably AWS and Container (Docker/Kubernetes) – huge plus.
- Adaptability, resilience, and being able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced team and you'll need to be able to keep up!
- Have good English communication skills and be proactive in team communication
You will be excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Join a leading start-up in the media space and grow your career with us.
- Improve your communication skills beyond just technical. We are a social media company. We are vocal, communicative, and widely fun.
- Play a critical role in shaping the product direction for Nas Global from day 1.
- Make an impact by helping ideas and knowledge reach communities around the world where many people do not speak English. 'Nas' means 'people.' We, with your help, will impact a lot of people.
- Have the flexibility to perform work at your best. We are a remote-first team of 120 people from 20 countries, and we know how to make remote working work for you.