Founded in Cape Town by a South African engineer, Stella Ciolli, SKOON. is a natural skin care collection that uses best-in-class non-toxic ingredients in scientifically formulated combinations. SKOON. is a high-end skincare and lifestyle brand that caters to consumers’ need for non-toxic and luxury-based products The brand has a loyal customer base and is planning for rapid global expansion over the next three to five years, through a robust omnichannel go to market strategy, both locally & abroad.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Key Account Manager to provide day-to-day leadership for both online and offline sales by channel by account, to create maximum impact and growth in Net Revenue. This position’s responsibilities include execution of the 4P’s, Joint Business planning to support both retailer and SKOON strategic drivers, managing the full customer P&L, sales forecasting and accountable for the relevant sales KPI’s. Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Key Account Manager is responsible and accountable for the full go to market execution for the SA market, including identifying new channel opportunities.
The position provides a unique opportunity for a self-directed individual to play a critical role in building a new and innovative skin care business from the ground up.
- +3-5 years national Key accounts (FMCG)/Channel Manager/National Sales Manager
- Strong analytical skills (manipulate and interpret data) with exceptional excel skills
- Good negotiator & strong communicator
- Joint Business Planning and IBP process knowledge (forecasting & budgeting)
- Entrepreneurial and Disruptive Retailing (AI, technology)-stay abreast of trends
- Cross functional collaboration (part of high- performance teams) and a team player
- Omni or digital Online Key account management an advantage
- Full P&L and Gross to Nett by channel by retailer understanding and the levers attached
- Shopper behaviour, Path to Purchase and 4 P execution
- IBP training and exposure to S&OP forecasting models an advantage
- BI reports experience an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Ability to act independently with minimal oversight
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Identify and problem solve
- Planning and strategic mindset
- Build and drive key relationships
- Manage people
- Manage pressure, uncertainty, and pace
- Impact and influence others
- Deliver customer service
- Delivering results
- Financial accounting understanding (commercial)
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Achievement of turnover, growth and profit objectives set by the company for the Skincare and Nutricosmetics categories with relevant SA retailers (both for offline and online).
- Build customer plans to support the retailer’s strategy to drive both volume and value growth, whilst meeting customer profitability and margin expectations; and protecting the long- term profitability for SKOON.
- Introduce, list, range and promote Innovation both for omnichannel and stores, to maximize the pipeline sales and profit generated and in line with brand and customer strategy.
- Prepare for annual trading terms as support to the Head of Sales, by ensuring accurate record-keeping and management of trade spend (adhoc and co-op), deductions and promotional funding. Consider all elements during the preparation and analysis phase to include all elements responsible and accountable for customer P&L, Gross to Nett and Trade spend.
- Hold the senior customer management relationship with Key Customers including their Buyers, Customer Supply Chain and Customer Finance contact people.
- Implement the sales plan in support of the customer strategy, including the following key parameters for the brand and SKUs:Forward Share ObjectivesPrice Index (price differential vs. Key Competitors)Manage the key indicators of Sales Performance – sell in sell out data, numeric distribution, weighted distribution, targetsAvailability (Distribution) objectivesPromotional Implementation Plan (Promo Grid)
- Forward Share Objectives
- Price Index (price differential vs. Key Competitors)
- Manage the key indicators of Sales Performance – sell in sell out data, numeric distribution, weighted distribution, targets
- Availability (Distribution) objectives
- Promotional Implementation Plan (Promo Grid)
- Input and accountability for the rolling Sales Forecast both over a rolling 18-24 month’s period but also the shorter- term forecast (3-6months).
- Implement pricing parameters from marketing into customers on time, including landing annual price increases.
- Foster internal relationships for cross functional collaboration and in creating a high- performance culture, especially customer service, demand planning, finance, marketing and trade marketing.
- Detailed operational briefs to Regional Field Sales Managers to ensure Excellence in Execution:
- The opportunity to play a key role in the growth and management of one of South Africa’s most exciting start-ups.
- The opportunity to stamp your signature (add value) on the processes and systems put in place.
- Working with a small SME that allows for creative thinking and innovative leadership.
- Opportunity to train, mentor and develop staff
- Great office location – Cape Town (commercial office) & Klapmuts, Stellenbosch (manufacturing)