Omniful helps clients in the retail sector, such as brick-and-mortar retailers, dark store operators, and distributed e-commerce companies do order fulfillment faster and better.
We are making a strong push to grow our SaaS platform in KSA and we are looking for a versatile, customer-obsessed, and passionate go-getter who can jumpstart and grow our Backend engineering efforts.
As a key member of the engineering team and reporting to the CTO, you will cross-functionality collaborate with teams to ensure end-to-end strategy and execution. We are looking for an engineer who’s passionate about product craftsmanship and cares about great design.
What you will do
- Develop high-performing, scalable, and available backend infrastructure.
- Contribute to and continually improve our site architecture, feature components, development process, and SDLC tools, and system design.
- Translate product requirements and technical designs into well-engineered, low-defect, robust code.
- Research new technologies or methodologies that can improve the architecture, user experience, or development process.
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback while sharing your knowledge with other members of the team.
- Collaborate with product, sales, customer support, and other departments to implement new growth initiatives.
- Identify performance bottlenecks while proposing and implementing effective solutions.
What you will need
- BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of recent development experience with PHP
- Solid grasp of software engineering fundamentals and their practical applications
- Experience with backend services or distributed systems, with a strong understanding of how backend code affects the database layer
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams and be willing to roll up your sleeves and execute!
- Knowledge of OO programming languages and familiarity with tools like PostgreSQL and Redis
- Exposure to Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with APIs (REST and GraphQL)