An opportunity for an experienced Linux Systems Administrator that has passion for technologies, Linux and Open Source. Someone who is looking to grow their career, wants to find a long term position that will challenge their mind and expand their horizons.
The right candidate will join our IT team which includes Systems Admins, Software Testers and Software Developers.
This position requires a lot of thinking, troubleshooting in a complex environment as well as great communication skills to communicate with the team, staff as well as suppliers.
This position requires a high level of technical and organisational skills as well as a passion for technologies and ability to continually learn and grow.
To achieve the company goals successfully the following technical skills are a requirement:
- 3 - 5 years experience in Linux System Administration
- Experience with Ubuntu Server
- Experience with MAAS
- Experience with Virtualisation
- Experience with Containerisation
Ability to write scripts written in popular languages such as:
Ability to demonstrate ability to install, configure and administer the following:
- Ubuntu Server
- Ubuntu Desktop
The following soft skills are required to enable all round success in this position:
- Excellent time management
- Superior troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to clearly, concisely and accurately communicate with all levels of management and staff
- Able to work independently and prioritise correctly
- Peoples skill and interpersonal skills, flexible to work in a team and assist others
- Able to work under stress and over weekends when necessary
- Management philosophy: “automate everything possible and then find new technological ways to automate things previously not possible”
- This role is best suited for an experienced person who is extremely passionate about technologies and automation, has a strong work ethic, can comfortably prioritise and perform under stress with a clear mind and focus. Previous work experience in environments such as data centers, hosting companies is an advantage (e.g. Internet Solutions, Vox, Mweb, Afrihost, RSAWeb and similar).
Beyond the stability of 17 years of successful business operations, in an essential and critical services environment; we also have a very professional, caring and fun team. As a small team the company also has to offer exceptional learning and professional growth to the right candidate.
If you are looking for any of the following benefits, we are looking forward to hearing from you:
- Learning and growth opportunity
- Plenty of challenges to keep your mind busy for many years (complex systems, constant changing environment, lots of technologies to master)
- Open communications (zero politics policy)
- Relaxed working environment (in simple words, no cubicles)
- Benefits such as MedicalAid, RA's and Risk
- Free parking
- Fun socials (not everyone likes socialising but you can still enjoy good food)
- A great team of admins and developers that appreciate each others skills and help each other grow
- If you think you can handle tons of learning, daily change and fast growth, a feeling of achievement and are eager to show your genius skills and experience, we are looking forward to meeting you
Start Date: As soon as we find the right candidate but we will prefer immediate.
Remuneration: Negotiated as to experience + company benefits (this is a permanent position)
If you did not receive any response within 3 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.