The Marketing Manager South Africa will have strategic ownership of marketing at Regional level and take a long-term view of their area of responsibility. They should have the capability to line-manage team members and be autonomous making good strategic decisions with minimal supervision.
Countries within Region of Responsibility
- South Africa
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the marketing and product management during the entire product life cycle of all product areas or marketing segments across the region to successfully achieve sales targets
- Support the business needs of the Commercial organization
- Partnering with the EMEA Marketing team, lead the development of the regional marketing strategy and demand generation plan, in line with the regional strategic growth initiatives
- Manage the implementation of targeted demand generation campaigns across the region
- Leverage existing processes to capture customer’s unmet needs and customer insights
- Drive the segmentation of the market(s) and identify the most promising segments for efficient targeting. Identify the relevant target call points for maximum impact
- Develop and communicate key messages, value propositions, marketing programs, and sales tools
- Leverage digital marketing and create innovative routes to market
- Prepare and support product launches
- Engage with key experts to gain product endorsements; leverage testimonials to drive awareness and test demand campaigns
- Set and control the budget and forecast for marketing
- Measure and drive ROI by trying, measuring, learning and identifying the right (leading) indicators
- Develop team members to reinforce the strategy within the region
- Interact with Direct Markets across the region to obtain clear country marketing plans, provide guidance, training and support to ensure alignment with regional strategies
- Perform competitive watch and adapt value proposition to win
- High compliance and integrity standards and strict adherence to the Danaher policies"
TRAINING RESPONSIBILITIES: (REQUIRED)
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time
- Ensure your associates attend and complete all required trainings satisfactorily and on time.
Education or Experience (in years):
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of related work experience OR
- Master’s degree in field with 6+ years of related work experience OR
- Doctoral degree in field with 3+ years of work experience.
- Regional product management and sales experience in Diagnostics or Device industries would be an advantage
- Experience in Medical Device/Diagnostics/Pharma and relevant post graduate qualification would be an advantage
Knowledge and skills:
- Ability to work in a team environment and across an organization to drive results. Must be sensitive to multicultural environments.
- Enthusiasm, strong interpersonal and motivational skills; scalable to future assignments.
- Experience in the medical device, healthcare or diagnostics field is a strong advantage
- Experience in dealing with the Public Sector market at Regional, National and Provincial level.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written and presentation skills required, along with a strong financial and business acumen, flexibility and good judgement.
- Needs to have a high degree of leadership and able to engage with and successfully influence others from colleagues and customers, ranging from lab technicians to clinical experts.
- Significant experience within a fast-growing, complex solution-based business in a high technology product/service sector
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization including sales, service, technical support, marketing and business management functions.
- Experience in developing commercial marketing strategies;
- Proven record of building a strong organization; ability to manage, mentor and coach team to success
- Proven successful record in marketing leadership and staff management, while functioning in a demanding, action-oriented environment. Must have proven credentials of building and leading a results focused high-performance team;
- Demonstrated strong strategic and analytical skills as well as solid business acumen
- Track record in attracting, hiring and retaining the highest quality talent
- Strong Planning, Time Management, and Financial business acumen
- Highly developed communication skills and ability to work effectively in global setup
- Ability to timely make critical decisions
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.