We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Digital Engineering Department within the Digital IT Unit. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Digital Engineering, the job holder will run with day to day microservice development to ensure smooth and efficient service delivery that meets the expectations of the business.
- Develop digital products – as part of your role, you will be required to develop products that are mobile, api and microservice driven.
- Devops – you will be required to develop and support products that are been built using various tools along with creating CI/CD pipelines.
- Create new ideas and demonstrate them in code – Code quality, understanding of the product.
- Work with product managers and external parties in a team – Work with cross functional teams to ensure successful delivery of a product which includes other developers and product owners.
- Ensure delivery timelines – Ensuring all projects are delivered on time that has been agreed.
- Making use of agile and scrum frameworks in project delivery- making use of tools like Jira, Confluence etc.
- Developing microservices using sprint, sprint security, Kubernetes and dockers.
- Always be hands on delivering the highest quality and fixing of issues both on development and production.
- Innovative, open-minded for working with new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- At least 1 year experience in coding in a non-university setting.
- Experience in Java, JEE, spring, spring MVC, spring boot, MAVEN, spring cloud and other programming languages like C, C++, Java, Ruby, Python and Django, Ruby on Rails, etc.
- Strong understanding of microservice architecture - Ability to design, develop and implement scalable, elastic microservice based platforms
- Experience developing solutions using agile, DevOps, testing and CI/CD automation tools such as jenkins, JMeter, Git, Stash, SonarQube, GitOps etc
- Build microservices leveraging on Cloud Services, Serverless architecture, designing and implementing with full stack solutions leveraging Node or Spring stack
- Strong understanding of Docker-based container, Kubernetes or other container schedulers. If interested, kindly share your CVs in inbox.
- Understanding of both soap and rest apis and development on swagger UI