About this role
Are you looking to explore what’s possible in a collaborate, innovative work environment? Is your goal to work with a team of talented professionals that is keenly focused on solving complex business problems and supporting product innovation with technology? If so, you might be our next DevOps Engineer, where you will be involved with building out systems for our rapidly expanding team, enabling the whole development group to operate more effectively and iterate at top speed in an open, collaborative environment.
Systems management and automation is the name of the game here – in development, testing, staging and production. If you are passionate about building innovative and complex software, are comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, and can thrive in a start-up culture, Skynamo wants to meet you!
What you will be doing
We are building out a full DevOps team and you will be one of three people with different levels of experience, reporting into the senior DevOps engineer. The DevOps team will work with our systems architect, to do the following:
- Work with our team of developers to support project work and to update and release to QA/Production with software releases, configuration updates, and other release requirements
- Dive deep and identify failure patterns to resolve problems at their root
- Provide high-performance cloud deployment solutions and maintain rapid deployment pipelines, server monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Identify and implement best practices for securing servers and services, while being brave enough to challenge technical decisions
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- Between 2 and 4 years' experience in a DevOps role.
- Strong experience with AWS and Azure cloud technologies. CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager or Terraform experience is a bonus.
- Strong experience with databases such as SQL, MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, and/or Mongo.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain protocol and processes with the team and management.
- Proven track record releasing enterprise software in a fast-paced environment.
- Be graceful under fire – able to stay calm and focused under pressure.
- Have drive, grit, and a let’s-get-it-done attitude.
What you can expect from Skynamo
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Being part of a team that has a measurable and direct impact on Skynamo’s success in South Africa
- A challenging and fun working environment that prioritizes learning and development as well as action
- Working in a high-energy, fast-moving and fun environment where decisions are made quickly and team input is encouraged
- Social culture, lunch or dinner in the office every day and social hour each Friday
- Lots of leave
- Financial benefits such as retirement investment matching and access to SmartFunder, a service that assists employees with children pay school fees in a tax-efficient way