Mid Level Engineer - Android
Posted on January 27th, 2021 | 31 days left to apply
About the Role
The overall purpose of this job is to build and maintain software applications that run on android smartphones in a scalable and secure way.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the user experience design to ensure feasibility and practicability of proposed designs.
- Convert wireframes or user interface designs into software application designs.
- Create and release new features based on user and/or business needs.
- Debug and maintain the legacy software required to support the application development.
- Create tests for the software and undertake testing of the developed software.
- Maintain continuous and effective communication with various stakeholders in the software development process.
- Participate in activities that promote continuous learning and value addition for end users.
- Any other work that may be assigned to the jobholder by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or other Technology related fields.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in software development and preferably in mobile software development.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development cycle
- Proven working experience in software development
- Should have published at least one mobile application in the google play store
- Knowledge of Java and Kotlin
- Understanding of modern code architecture such as model view, view model (MVVM)
- Knowledge of Library such as Retrofit, RxJava, or RVKotlin and Jetpack
- Knowledge of Android testing frameworks
- Ability to work effectively with different personalities and across all levels in an organization.
- Must be a self-starter and highly organized.
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Ability to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
- Personal motivation and drive exhibited through commitment to hard work, continuous improvement and achievement of goals.
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Open to change.
- Calm under chaos.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive health insurance - Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical
- Flexible vacation
- All risk Insurance
- Office lunch
- Opportunity for company stock options