Mid Level Engineer - Quality Assurance
Posted on January 27th, 2021 | 29 days left to apply | 7 views
About the Role
The overall purpose of this job is to ensure that the company’s products provide a good user experience and meet user requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake requirements evaluation to ensure they are implementable, testable and practical.
- Build test cases and test scenarios to validate the requirements.
- Execute the test cases and scenarios against the design of the system to ensure the requirements are met.
- Determine the acceptance criteria has been met and give approval for deployment.
- Test the system to verify that it gives a good user experience to the end user.
- Create automation scripts for the company products to allow reusability of test scripts and quick execution.
- Define quality assurance processes in line with product development processes.
- Carry out manual tests as and when required.
- Create test plans for test cycles.
- Create defect reports and follow up on bug resolutions with developers to ensure closure.
- Participate in defining the middleware standards in the company for future skills transfer.
- Participate in activities that promote continuous learning and value addition for end users.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or other Technology related fields.
- Certification in International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB).
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a quality assurance tester.
- Sound software programming ability.
- Excellent understanding of the company’s software products.
- Good knowledge of database, APIs
- Ability to document & simulate a bug properly
- Ability to think out of the box.
- Ability to work effectively with different personalities and across all levels in an organization.
- Must be a self-starter and highly organized.
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Ability to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
- Personal motivation and drive exhibited through commitment to hard work, continuous improvement and achievement of goals.
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Open to change.
- Calm under chaos.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive health insurance - Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical
- Flexible vacation
- Office lunch
- Opportunity for company stock options