Lori is a venture-backed, rapidly growing start-up that has built a cutting-edge, tech-driven, logistics services platform that seamlessly coordinates haulage across frontier markets. With a mission to reduce the cost of goods, Lori is tackling a massive issue – $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa, and up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics (compared to 6% in the US).
Lori was recognized as the fastest-growing start-up in Africa and won Techcrunch’s, Battlefield Africa. Our tech-enabled and operations-driven marketplace efficiently connects transport to cargo. The system brings transparency to the logistics industry and has significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and cost savings (upwards of 20%). Billions of dollars of cargo move through the Lori platform annually.
CNN International published a feature article on Lori and how its robust technology will transform African economies and their ability to compete on the global stage. Today, Lori moves goods across nearly 20 countries on the continent.
About the Role:
Lori is seeking a Mid or Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join it’s diverse technical team. You’ll have the flexibility to work remotely and the opportunity to shape products that are currently used across East and West Africa, and soon beyond. If you’re passionate about actively contributing to a best-in-class team and inspired by big challenges, this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
What you will Do:
- Develop scalable software systems (for front-end & back-end).
- Deploy software updates to marketplaces (e.g., AWS Marketplace, Azure Marketplace).
- Perform QA and peer review on existing infrastructure & related processes against the company’s software development standards.
- Support automation around the IT infrastructure and in alignment with company processes and regulatory frameworks such as GDPR (e.g., implement scripts to create, teardown, migrate & recreate environments).
- Perform technical design reviews of software and IT infrastructure, develop proof-of-concept solutions in the R&D service and deploy to production service.
- Manage the lifecycle of multiple cloud environments with extensions to on-premise high-performance computing facilities that run AI/ML processes (e.g., implement health monitoring and alerting).
- Provide environment support and training to delivery teams to maximize efficiency and advocate DevOps principles and coach product teams, which will extend to AI/MLOps.
What it Takes:
- 5+ years of commercial experience in full software development lifecycle.
- 2+ years working with AWS and/or Azure (using IAM/AAD, keyvault, S3/blob storage, lambdas/azure functions, web apps, queues, database, and managed services/products – e.g., DynamoDB/CosmosDB).
- 2+ years in agile methodologies (ideally via JIRA) and working with serverless architectures and event-driven architectures.
- 2+ years developing microservices, API-driven cloud-based products including performance management.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines on git-based commercial source control or similar (e.g., GitHub including Actions, GitLab, Bitbucket, etc.).
- Knowledge of infrastructure as a code with cloud formation/ARM templates, Terraform, and Ansible.
- Experience using Linux Server Administration including container technology & ecosystem (Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus) linked to AAD.
- Experience with integrating African-powered fintech or logistics platforms or similarly regulated verticals and environments.
- Knowledge in Dashboards (ideally via Grafana or Power BI).
- Exposure to networking, telecommunications, and OSI model.
- Experience with ML frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, Keras, etc.).
- Working knowledge of ISO 27000, ITIL, or similarly regulated environments.
- Expertise in CRM & ERP systems (e.g., Salesforce, SAP, MS Dynamics).
If our mission resonates with you, we cannot wait to meet you and share Lori’s vision to digitize and revolutionize the logistics industry in Africa.