The ideal Oracle Developer has extensive experience and knowledge of Oracle – PL/SQL in an operational environment. Experience with process optimization is a major asset.
The essential function of the Development team is the management of our central database called OASIS in which a large quantity of data records is loaded and edited daily. Our clients expect to receive not only high quality and timely data mainly but not exclusively delivered to clients by FTP.
Given the operational nature of our business, development team’s support is required to ensure that production runs smoothly and with no delays for clients.
Since we deal with financial markets which undergo regular changes, we feel that this role gives exposure to interesting opportunities, constant learning and improvements. We are regularly required to implement new feeds and automation functionalities. This means that understanding functional and technical requirements are key aspects of the role.
Above all, our ideal candidate has excellent development technical skills and is willing and able to learn the various spheres of our development team.
- Programming Oracle - PL/SQL and testing on Linux/Oracle
- Analysis and implementation of specifications: The developer will be required to analyze and understand specifications given to them, in order to carry out the required development and implementation in OASIS. In most cases the said specifications are the result of the requirements given to the development team by the 3 internal functional teams.
- Documentation and wiki: Making sure that all data and other processes related to the functions and procedures under your responsibility are appropriately documented and maintained up-to-date in wiki.
- Work on system enhancements and bug fixes
- Backup other developers in production critical tasks: Backing up other developers is needed on production critical tasks.
- Support: For jobs identified as being critical, developers would be asked to intervene and fix occasional issues.
Essential Technical Qualifications/Experience
- University degree in Computer Engineering, Computer science or equivalent.
- Experience as an Oracle developer in an operational environment.
- Knowledge of Oracle 10g or 11g or 12c (mainly SQL, PL/SQL).
- Knowledge of Linux (or UNIX) including VI editor and Linux shell commands.
- Knowledge of Pro*C programming language is a plus (C/C++ language only would be considered).
- Financial markets knowledge: indices, equities, fixed income and mutual funds.
- Well organized (i.e. to-do lists, reminders, outlook rules / follow ups, naming and filing documents)
- Resourceful and skilled at searching for solutions to problems
- Dynamic, positive attitude and team player
- Analytical and detail minded
- Product delivery oriented
@ Confluence, we are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities.