Confluence is a global technology solutions provider delivering innovative products to the worldwide money management industry, to meet asset managers and service providers performance, reporting, analytics, risk and data needs. With the recent acquisition of StatPro, Confluence offers its clients a broader range of data-driven managed investment solutions including post-trade regulatory and shareholder reporting, performance and attribution, portfolio analytics, and asset data services and data management, delivering a full technology suite to the front, middle and back office. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 400 clients in 39 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
Using your specialist investment management knowledge, preferably gained from either working at an Asset Management Middle/Back office or in a Fund Accounting capacity, as a Junior Performance Consultant, you will advise and work with a wide range of clients, both in SA and overseas.
Work will cover many spectrums including providing ongoing operational support to clients to ensure that they are gaining the maximum benefit from our systems.
This role will be a great opportunity to broaden your experience and exposure within an exciting and growing global software company.
As you progress in your knowledge and experience, you will be expected to provide support to the Sales team in the form of client product demonstrations, bringing credibility and expertise when required. The position also has input into the development of our software products via a close link with various Product Managers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Offer consulting and managed services to the Performance client base including, assisting with implementation and data consulting projects when required.
- Identify opportunities for further consulting sales as well as product sales and to alert the relevant Account Manager.
- Manage the level 1 inbounds queries raised from clients.
- Consult with clients to identify efficiency gains through improved usage of the system.
- Participate in Client Services testing of any new product releases.
- Assist with addressing client issues and managing client relationships.
- Assist with, when suitable proficient, pre-sales and proof of concepts to demonstrate the capability of Performance products.
- Attend weekly Client Service meeting, offering feedback as to assigned issues.
- Work closely with Line Managers and within governance structures to address client issues.
- Maintain and fully utilise internal business productivity tools.
- Update internal Central Relationship Management (CRM) systems with any problems raised, detailing the cause and solution.
- 1 – 2 years working experience within Asset Management, Custodians, Analytics Vendors
- Good knowledge of the investment management industry and key fund accounting concepts
- Suitable Bachelors Qualification, showing an aptitude for quantitative analysis.
- A desire to study towards relevant certifications such as CIPM or CFA.
- Sound knowledge of the global equity, fixed income and derivative markets.
- A working knowledge of the performance measurement, risk and data industry.
- An understanding of composites would be an added advantage.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to think logically with proven problem-solving capabilities, using initiative and imagination.
- Proven ability to prioritize work and meet demanding deadlines in a pressured environment, working quickly and accurately with tenacity and excellent attention to detail.
- Good organizational and motivational skills, including ability to organize and motivate others and work as a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally across all levels of employees and clients.
- Excellent presentation skills combined with a professional approach and attitude.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.