Peach needs a strong analytical, experienced B2B demand marketer to help us continue to scale our growth in Africa. As a member of the team you will help us build the practice and experiment with digital journeys, media, creative and messaging to garner best practices that help grow our user base and revenue.
We’re looking for a curious, data-driven and determined performance marketer who has experience managing multi-channel digital marketing campaigns that drive both leads and pipeline, measured against efficiency targets.
Peach Payments make online commerce and digital payment acceptance easier and more accessible across all Africa. Based in Cape Town, South Africa, we work with small and large sellers to provide a complete toolkit to accept, manage and disburse payments through web and mobile. Our merchant partners include your favorite food delivery services, whether you are ordering in or using a meal kit, travel services that can help you book your next getaway adventure and even your neighbor’s side-hustle e-commerce store. For these partners and their customers, we aim to provide delightful experiences that make it as easy as possible to facilitate online payments.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the sales team to help define and understand their target segments and lead planning for campaigns and tactics we can use to drive leads within those segments.
- Determine media, creative and messaging to drive customer acquisition
- Participate in exploratory conversations with platform partners and payment partners that will allow us to accelerate pipeline and user growth
- Create and manage paid media campaigns to drive lead volume to the sales team
- Drive strategy for acquisition marketing with an eye on driving measurable results across all segments.
- Drive step function changes in acquisition driven growth globally in Peach Payments’ target segments, primarily for our Small & Medium Enterprises (SME)
- Contribute to our content marketing priorities by selecting subjects and managing freelancers to create the content
- Partner on unstructured analysis to identify pain points/gaps for various conversion events.
- Lead the paid media strategy, planning and execution to develop and activate multi-channel strategies while growing traffic and achieving favorable lifetime value versus cost of acquisition, as well us upper funnel metrics like Reach, Cost per Click, Cost per Lead, Marketing to Sales lead conversions.
- Conceptualize and write email campaigns for sales lead generation in Freshsales and Mailchimp
- Drive overall planning of conversion and optimization goals for various measurable time periods. Identify appropriate data sources, reporting and processes to continuously measure and optimize
- Conceptualize, document and execute a test and learn tactical plan by journey, channel, creative that can be shared with internal partners like website engineering, design and sales to concept and launch tests aimed at driving increased lead volume and quality
- Continuously evaluate our tools and channel stack. Make recommendations for how we can augment them to increase efficiency, insight, and performance
Who you are:
- 3-5 years’ experience in paid media management, or campaign management with a primary focus on ROI/revenue based goals. Data-driven with strong quantitative and problem-solving skills that enable you to show your impact on the bottom line of the business
- Demonstrated results and delivery in digital acquisition marketing and integrated experience delivery. Exhibit experience featuring a bias for action, testing, learning and feedback loops
- Leader in journey based marketing either for prospects or for customers.
- Knowledgeable about Marketing Automation. Personalization platforms, Business intelligence, programmatic media ecosystem.
- Experience working with business intelligence data providers
- Excellent storyteller using data and ability to direct outcomes based on data.
- Comfortable cleaning and augmenting data in MS Excel
- Experience using Figma / Sketch, Freshsales, Mailchimp, Neverbounce, Leadpages.net a plus but not required
- Excited about fintech and working for a scaling company
- Highly customer focused; obsessed with the customer experience.
- Strong problem resolution skills, including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Comfortable and effective working in a cross-functional, matrixed organization. Able to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships for common goals.
- Strong analytical orientation
- Ability to roll up sleeves and immerse in the details.
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to senior management. Well prepared to address questions/pushback; unflappable.
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.