Ozow is the future of payment — a world-class payment platform for customers and merchants that is Ozow easy, Ozow fast and Ozow secure. With benefits as big as our ambitions, we’re looking for candidates who can inspire us and be inspired by us. We’re striving to become the industry leader that provides the simplest and easiest way to pay. And while we’re on our way to building an inclusive payments market, we’re building an equally inclusive workforce. So, join us as we achieve big things and beyond.
More about this Ozow fantastic position
Ozow is looking for a Personal Assistant to provide support to the CEO by effectively managing schedules and performing a variety of responsibilities, including complex and confidential administrative, secretarial, analytical and research duties. The duties performed require considerable confidentiality, initiative, tact, mature, and independent judgment.
This role requires qualities such as adaptability, flexibility, dependability, and accountability. Much of the work is self-appointed and requires a high degree of professional independence, initiative and self-discipline.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- A relevant degree or qualification
- Knowledge of modern methods of office administration; business correspondence formatting; proper telephone etiquette; proper English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation; medium to large company structure and functioning; Sound know-how of e-commerce; health and safety; company procedure and project management
- Proficienct computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail applications
- Exemplary customer service skills including the ability to identify needs, provide a prompt response, and exercise patience, respect and professionalism in all interactions.
- The skill to independently prioritise, plan, coordinate, organise, lead, and monitor multiple organisational projects of a complex nature simultaneously and quickly adapting to changes in time frames.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Provide administrative, organisational, and scheduling structure and support.
- Prepare a variety of reports, including attending meetings to gather information.
- Conduct internet and other research, writing first drafts, and producing computer graphics
- Prepare a variety of documents, requisitions, purchase orders, resolutions and other correspondence.
- Review and summarise miscellaneous reports and documents, and prepare background documents are necessary.
- Initiate and respond to written and verbal correspondence, including composition, editing, and distribution.
- Create and maintain a system for organising and storing both electronic and hard-copy information and records, and implement record retention policies and procedures.
- Follow up on sensitive complaints and inquiries.
- Operate, maintain, and keep abreast with the use of a variety of modern office equipment and programs, including computers, communication/recording equipment, storage systems and media.
- Act as liaison between managers or the internal and external stakeholders including the public and represent and communicate issues and directives.
- Maintain appointment schedules and calendars, provide reminders as appropriate, and coordinate travel arrangements.
- Coordinate and organise meetings, including notification to prospective attendees, set-up, pre- and post-meeting correspondence, meeting minutes and records, and any required follow up.
- Provide information to other business units or departments, internal and external parties and organisations, committees involving specialized and technical subject matter.
- Follow up on assignments given to management staff and provide status reports to CEO.
- Participate in management contract negotiation strategy planning meetings, preparing draft proposals for management, providing clerical support during contract negotiation sessions, and following up on items discussed as appropriate.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned, including running personal errands on behalf of the CEO.
Your skills and experience
- Efficient. You are able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Organised. You plan, organise, schedule, and budget in an efficient, productive manner. You focus on key priorities.
- Follow-through on commitments. You live up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Highly attentive to detail. You do not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Enthusiastic. You exhibit passion and excitement over work. You have a can-do attitude.
- A hard worker. You possess a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. You have a track record of working hard.
- A good communicator. You speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative.
- A team player. You reach out to peers and cooperate with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Flexible/ adaptable. You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change.
Health and safety first
These are unprecedented times and because our people couldn’t be more important to us, health and safety couldn’t be more important to us. We’ve made sure that our office is a safe place to work and we’ll continue to do so. Our team currently has the flexibility to either work remotely or onsite during this time to ensure that we combat the spread of COVID-19.
Benefits as big as our ambitions — huge
At Ozow, first and foremost, you’ll get to do meaningful work and grow your career. But we’re also not your average 9-5 company. We work together and play together and because we really care, we offer plenty of perks too.
Some of the things to look forward to:
Fitness challenges and healthy eating. Medical and Life insurance plans. Be the hero or toast the hero of the month at first-Friday drinks. Take half a day off from work on your birthday and let us celebrate this special day with you by giving you a little spoil. Your family is our family, they to get spoils and get to join us on special events. Our holistic wellness program will give you access to a toll-free confidential telephonic counseling line which is available in all 11 languages, 365 days a year. We thrive on seeing our team members grow by creating a learning culture. There is so much more where this came from, but enough to get you excited.
Convinced? We thought so.
If we seem like the kind of forward-thinking, progress-making, energetic company you’ve been waiting for, give us a shout. We’d love to hear from you.