Access Afya is a social enterprise based in Nairobi that delivers primary healthcare to the poorest communities living in informal settlements. We take a chain of low-cost micro-clinics as anchors to our model, with a mobile field health team that reaches people in the places where they already spend their time – such as schools and factories.
Access Afya is growing and we are looking to bring on board the best and brightest people to join our team. Our team is bound together by a common, compelling purpose to redefine how people everywhere can access healthcare, and living our shared values of self-drive, integrity, resilience, reliability and empathy.
About the Role
● Collaboratively design available, reliable and scalable platform services that will be serving various product needs.
● Setup CI/CD for various platform services
● Monitor platform services to make sure they are always available
● Collaborate with product engineers to make sure platform services meet product needs
● Participate in weekly brainstorming sessions focused on improving business services, product and engineering
Job Specifications/ Qualifications
● B.Sc. Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics, or related experience in Software
● Experience working with SQL Databases and Document Databases e.g. MongoDB
● Experience build API in REST or GraphQL (preferred)
● Growth mindset. See challenges as learning opportunities and have a can-do attitude
Required education: Bachelors degree
Required relevant work experience: 2 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)