BECOME PART OF THE TEAM THAT IS CHANGING THE WAY BUSINESSES ACROSS THE WORLD BUILD SOFTWARE. SOVTECH IS A CUSTOM SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT COMPANY WITH TEAMS BASED IN JOHANNESBURG, LONDON, AND CAPE TOWN.
We invest in people who can see the future & who work hard to achieve it. SovTech has a young, dynamic, and fast-growing team. We’re only looking for outstanding people – those unique individuals who are brilliant, are always happy to help, socialize, get involved, work hard, and enjoy what they do! We have a continuous learning culture that allows our people to grow and develop in the opportunities across our various teams.
We design, build, deploy and maintain innovative custom software that allows our clients to start, run and grow world-class businesses. Our teams are globally distributed so we have adopted a Fluid approach to remote vs office-based work, encouraging freedom, fluidity of working location, collaboration & exploration. At SovTech, teams define their remote days to encourage collaboration & knowledge sharing whilst still creating the flexibility of remote working.
Our Company Values (The SovTech Spex):
#Smile #Adapt #Results #Tech #Innovate #Partnership #Sorted #Worldclass #Blitz #GiveASh*t
About the Role:
- Work together with product management and engineering to build innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Participate in all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Develop original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Prepare wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Discuss designs and key milestone deliverables with peers and executive level stakeholders
- Perform user research and evaluate user feedback
- Set design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Stay up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- The production of high-fidelity prototypes
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with our Product and Engineering teams, including the adjustment of specs and deliverables to meet product requirements and limitations.
- Working with the Product, Engineering, and Project Management teams to bring new product features to life
- Working as a UX Researcher and utilize a variety of testing techniques to inform and validate the direction of your design.
- Keep abreast of competitors’ products and industry trends.
What we are looking for:
- We are looking for Product Designers of all levels to create amazing user experiences, helping our products to be highly attractive and competitive. You should be keen on clean and artful design and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, creating beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
What we can tell you about our culture:
Have a look through our Careers page: Join Our Team, Help Build The Future. Become part of the team that is changing the way businesses across the world build software.
Our latest Blog posts: Visit our latest blog posts to gain insights, tips, news, articles, and tech updates
Humans of SovTech: Finally, if that does not give you enough insight into SovTech, check out our Humans of SovTech Instagram page
What cool things do we offer at SovTech?
- Annual full-company year-end retreat
- Dev chats every Friday with a beer or dial in from where ever you are based in the world
- Do you enjoy Soccer? Join our SovTech Stars Soccer club
- Do you enjoy running? Join our SovTech running Club
- Slack channels like #Memes, #Geekingitup, #10o’clockrock, #AmazingDesigns #HumansofSovTech that connects you to our network of awesome people
- Hatch (Annual company-wide hackathon)
- Annual FoosFestival with our very own Minister of Foosball
- Our own currency(Stacos) - 50 Stacos is given to each employee every month by the company to spend on rewarding and recognising your colleagues, Stacos are redeemable for a variety of online shopping voucher
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable work experience as a Product/UI/UX Designer.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills make you adept at working to tight deadlines.
- Passionate about all things design, with the ability to demonstrate this through your work and when communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback, whether through hands-on user research or designing options for multi-variant testing.
- Proficient in industry-standard tools for producing designs, assets, and clickable prototypes; including Figma.
- Fluent in current UX best practices and usability principles, interaction, and UI design trends.
- Good understanding of front-end development to inform high-quality, implementable solutions. N.B. Programming skills are not a requirement, but certainly beneficial.
- Confident in presenting and promoting your ideas, thinking, and design processes to a wider team, both across Product and Engineering, even with strong-willed and fast-paced teams
- Profound UI design skills with a solid portfolio of design projects
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps
- Significant experience with Figma (bonus)
- Strong visual design skills with a good understanding of user-system interaction
- Strong presentational and team player abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills with a creative approach
- A passion to be an incredible Product Designer and design incredible products!