Who we are?
Modus Capital is an early to mid-stage ecosystem development fund that focuses on entrepreneurial ecosystem development in frontier markets by connecting them with developed markets providing cross border deal-flow, capital flows, and knowledge transfer. Our focus is the creation of new technologies to alleviate consumer and business pain points and the application of technology value-added for small-to-medium enterprises. Modus’ expertise lies in growing businesses by providing holistic operational support - something that we have developed, executed, and mastered over the past 5 years.
About the role:
We are looking for a product designer to help with translating business goals and needs into product flows and requirements, basic wireframes, user stories and scenarios that can then be shared with the rest of the team.
- Conduct user interviews, usability testing and basic research with potential users or current
- Utilize data and analytics to drive the decision making process and work alongside the product manager and product development team to come up with the best solutions for the build.
- Help define personas, UX, user journeys, user flows, user stories and QA flow
- Create basic wireframes and low-fidelity prototyping, UI components and interfaces for responsive products based on priorities identified with the product manager. Create hi-fi UI prototypes to help the development team.
- Understand product development needs, limitations and communicate with the development team. Good understanding of common practices and accessibility for web and mobile applications.
- Communicate with stakeholders about the product development process and test results
- Own conditions and requirements for the product, help translate them into user stories and QA flows and support team members define and verify them.
- Explain the product’s flows, requirements and overall design decisions to technical and non-technical peers. Support on client calls when required.
- Working on multiple iterations of a product as well as defining a product with all the specs needed for a UI designer or team to take over.
- Create the basis of design systems and know how to maintain them.
- 3 to 5 years of proven experience as a Product Designer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art Design, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with product usability testing tools and conducting in person or remote testing sessions on live products as well as on design prototypes.
- Proficiency in Figma.
- Experienced in using Miro, Sketch, Invision, Adobe xd, Axure, Framer, Proto.io.
- Ability to understand how business needs translate into product needs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good English writing and speaking skills.
- Effective problem-solving ability.
- Team player and proactive problem solver.
- Critical thinking and prioritizing abilities.
- Continuous seeker of real user feedback
- Can articulate and receive feedback from peers and is actively looking to improve their skill set. Understands bias.
- Curiosity about new markets and solving real-world problems.
- Ability to work efficiently remotely and be high responsive and available.
What we offer?
- You would work with a partially remote team of different nationalities on products in multiple industries, different countries and at various stages.
- Awesome work environment.
- Unlimited vacations.
- Quarterly bonuses based on meeting certain milestones.
- Annual professional development budget focused on your continuous learning and growth with us.
- Work from home policy
- Family medical insurance
Note: We currently work from home due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Portfolios are mandatory for the application.
Interested candidates from different countries are welcome to apply and work remotely.