The world is changing.
We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as an individual.
Together, we're upgrading the world of work to unleash your potential and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself.
Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the financial landscape, and to do so, we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need people with exceptional talent.
A little about us
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- We currently have over 5 million customers across 40 countries.
- We're part of the Digital Currency Group, a group of companies driving progress in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space that includes Grayscale, Genesis, Coindesk and Foundry Services
- Our platform has processed over $8 billion to date
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams from 43 different nationalities — working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore.
The role in a nutshell:
The Product Management team at Luno, appreciates the beauty in the mechanics of each product feature. This team ensures the voice of our customers is represented in our product strategy. Your role, as Product Manager Team Lead, will be to give guidance and direction to our team of Product Managers, helping them to be the best Product Managers they can be. Along with our talented team of Lunauts, you'll be responsible for maximising the potential in each of your team members, as well as ensuring that Product Management, as a craft, is communicated and applied to the highest standard at Luno. You get to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, where ownership is key.
You'll collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to help scale Luno to the next level. The role will report to Alex, Luno’s Head of Product, meet him here.
Your mission will involve
- Building a strong and high performing team that is poised for future growth through development, coaching, clear expectation setting and a strong focus on employee experience
- To create a positive team environment that instills trust, encourages world class performance and ensures clear transparent communications to align around the overall vision of the product
- Establishing strong relationships with diverse teams spanning all organisational levels
- Working with leaders within the organisation and develop a clear product management “way of working” that you will ensure is applied in your teams and gives clarity to the rest of Luno, setting your team up for success
- To work closely across all key product development functions, including Engineering, Design, Data, Operations, Marketing, and Customer Success to influence, advise and coordinate efforts, ensure strategic alignment and seamless execution
- Ensuring that presentations and other product communications are clear and effective
- Driving team objective setting, prioritisation and ensure adherence to plan and strategy
- Demonstrating leadership and communication skills (including presentation skills) with success in influencing all levels cross-functionally
- Demonstrating the ability to align teams to Luno’s strategy to achieve business and project objectives
- To recruit, manage and guide your team to the next level, ensuring that Luno secures and develops the best talent in the Product Management team
- Understanding our customers through analysis, research and direct interaction
In your first six months, you will
- Complete your onboarding program. After getting comfortable with the basics, you'll start learning our patterns in a safe, easy-to-follow way.
- Understand Luno’s product roadmap and vision.
- Meet the wider team and work closely with Product Managers.
- After completing the onboarding program, you'll begin your journey contributing to your team’s success. You'll help plan the next quarter's objectives and key results (OKRs) and will begin working on our product roadmap and development plans for each of your team members. We succeed as a team, so we will provide you with regular feedback from your manager and peers and will encourage you to do the same.
What we’d like you to have
- You have at least 7 years experience as a Product Manager Team Lead or as a Product Manager with a least 5 years experience in a people leadership role, coaching, mentoring and developing teams
- Experience building a product team function in a scaling organisation, managing, developing and growing others
- A proven track record of delivering results through others
- Strong people management and mentoring experience and skills
- Highly collaborative with outstanding relationship building skills
- You take control and exercise leadership to lead change by initiating action, giving direction and taking responsibility to ensure delivery of objectives/goals/tasks/projects.
- You are great in prioritising, planning and organising your day and can manage your time efficiently
- Working as a team comes naturally to you – it’s all about driving cooperation and teamwork to deliver results
- You will be the one raising your hand when it comes to creative and critical thinking and solution-driven ideas
- In order to excel in your role, a great eye for detail is inevitable
- Nothing holds you back, you have a positive and friendly disposition, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Familiarity with cryptocurrencies is highly advantageous
Remote Life at Luno
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you.
Like the majority of the companies, Luno is currently working remotely to keep our employees safe, which means you will not be physically, but virtually onboarded for now!
- Live long and prosper. We’ve got you covered with excellent private medical insurance.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even (yes, you are reading it correctly) paw-ternity for your furry friend..
- Annual Inspiration Day.. like that pottery course you’ve always been meaning to do!
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- We are a social bunch of people, we have virtual quarterly activities and drinks Fridays for whoever wants to join!
- We have virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts Monthly to break up your day and work that other part of your brain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.