Our Product Team builds and scales Toptal’s platform and products, working closely with our Operations and Engineering Teams to support the organization’s hyper-growth. We embrace a data-focused approach to ensure each initiative on our product roadmap delivers a meaningful impact to our business and users. Our innovative technology platform enables us to deliver on-demand talent, without losing a human touch.
Are you a customer-centric Product Manager with a proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment? We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our rapidly growing team and make an immediate impact by building internal tools and products that will support our business as we continue to scale at a rapid pace. In this role, you will lead a team of engineers and designers while working cross-functionally with marketers and customers to define, build, and launch mission-critical initiatives. We need someone to guide the team as they develop highly sophisticated features, collaborate to make challenging decisions, prioritize the right things, creatively solve problems, and ensure we are shipping exceptionally high-quality products.
If you have a knack for building high-quality, extremely impactful products, we want you on our team!
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Own and lead all aspects of an established agile team, including backlog grooming, triage and prioritization, and cross-functional coordination.
- Responsible for defining the scope of development for new product features ongoing feature improvements including management of all backlog and project management activities.
- Write and prioritize user stories and define acceptance criteria.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of credibility with internal and external partners.
- Analytical ability to break down complex problems and efficiently use data and analytics layered against high-quality user research to inform the direction of the product.
- Track progress, assess risks, coordinate delivery, and actively communicate contingency and mitigation plans for the team.
- Run various ad-hoc research and business analyses to assess opportunities and risks.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal while independently starting to study and learn the Toptal product suite.
- Become acquainted with your product area, the product goals, and those you will partner with.
In the first month, expect to:
- Work cross-functionally and with Senior PMs to organize and prioritize your high-level roadmap and backlog.
- Start collaborating closely with your development team.
- Takeover all in-flight and planned initiatives.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Fully support a product category, working collaboratively to complete quarterly planning and set OKRs.
- Ship features that deliver high business impact.
- Be fully embedded into and owning a development team.
- Monitor and measure the success of your initiatives against company goals.
- Continuously improve the team’s processes through meaningful contributions.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Work alongside Senior Product Managers to discover new product opportunities for your backlog.
- Develop a repeatable model for delivering upon our roadmap initiatives.
- Work across the Product team to measure and refine the roadmap, backlog, and processes to make improvements over time.
- Constantly re-evaluate your roadmap’s alignment with the strategic goals of the business, adjusting where necessary.
In the first year, expect to:
- Deliver on your roadmap priorities and promises.
- Ensure your team has an incredible record of building impactful products in a timely and elegant fashion.
- Work cross-functionally to scale your team to meet the growing needs of our business and our users.
- At least 4 years of software product management experience.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration.
- Comfortable working with SQL or spreadsheets to analyze data as well as conducting research through various discussions with customers and teammates.
- Strong expertise using data to make decisions with a variety of tools and methodologies to gather and synthesize information.
- Ability to creatively craft solutions through data and a customer-centric approach.
- Ability to build wireframes and mockups, with an aptitude for keeping things simple.
- Be meticulous and have a high bar for quality when writing user stories, reviewing designs, brainstorming technical approaches, and testing a feature before it is released.
- Be humble, willing to learn, and do whatever is needed to help us accomplish our goals.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using agile development methodologies with globally-distributed teams and the ability to keep up with a fast-paced and global company.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.