The role in a nutshell:
The world is changing.
We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as an individual.
Together, we're upgrading the world of work to unleash your potential and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself.
Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the financial landscape, and to do so, we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need people with exceptional talent. As simple as that.
A little about us
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- We currently have over 6 million customers across 40 countries.
- We're part of the Digital Currency Group, a group of companies driving progress in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space that includes Grayscale, Genesis, Coindesk and Foundry Services
- Our platform has processed over $17 billion to date
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams from 43 different nationalities — working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore.
The role in a nutshell:
We are looking for a product manager who appreciates the beauty in the mechanics of each product feature. You'll ensure the voice of our customers is represented in our product strategy. Along with our talented team of Lunauts, you'll be responsible for designing and delivering our product roadmap. You get to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, where ownership is key.
You'll work with cross-functional pods to help scale Luno to the next level. This role will be part of the Product team that is headed up by Alex, Luno’s Head of Product, meet him here.
Your mission will involve
- Creating and maintaining a high-level product roadmap, where you define product strategy based on Luno’s vision
- Conducting market research and competitor analysis
- Collaborating with a brilliant bunch of Product Owners from different teams in order to build short-term delivery plans
- Working with the data and UX teams to research, prototype, test and validate ideas
- Working with the engineering team to translate our product roadmap into detailed requirements
- Working with the marketing team to roll-out and communicate product changes to customers
- Coordinating work between multiple teams across multiple countries
- You wave the flag for customer experience and product quality. Especially by understanding our customers through analysis, research, and direct interaction.
- Recruiting, managing and guiding your team to the next level.
- Continuously monitor the effectiveness of product changes and recommend improvements
- Help facilitate growth by defining and optimising for key metrics
- Understand our customers through analysis, research and direct interaction
In your first six months, you will
- Complete your onboarding program. After getting comfortable with the basics, you'll start learning our patterns in a safe, easy-to-follow way.
- Understand Luno’s product roadmap and vision
- Meet the wider team and work closely with Product Owners.
- After completing the onboarding program, you'll begin your journey contributing to your pod's success. You'll help plan the next quarter's objectives and key results (OKRs) and will begin working on our product roadmap. We succeed as a team, so we will provide you with regular feedback from your manager and peers and will encourage you to do the same.
What we’d like you to have
- You have at least 4 years experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner
- Knowledge of and experience in performance marketing, acquisition, rewards programs, reactivation, and experimentation.
- You take control and exercise leadership to lead change by initiating action, giving direction and taking responsibility to ensure delivery of objectives/goals/tasks/projects.
- You are great in prioritising, planning and organising your day and can manage your time efficiently
- Working as a team comes naturally to you – it’s all about driving cooperation and teamwork to deliver results
- You will be the one raising your hand when it comes to creative and critical thinking and solution-driven ideas
- In order to excel in your role, a great eye for detail is inevitable
- Nothing holds you back, you have a positive and friendly disposition, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Familiarity with cryptocurrencies is highly advantageous
Remote Life at Luno
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you.
Like the majority of the companies, Luno is currently working remotely to keep our employees safe, which means you will not be physically, but virtually onboarded for now!
- Live long and prosper. We’ve got you covered with excellent private medical insurance.
- You'll be able to continuously upskill yourself with access to free courses on Udemy, Coursera and CodeAcademy.
- For the crypto fans among you (should be everyone!), you'll pay 0 fees with Luno from the day you start
- Generous maternity / paternity and even (yes, you are reading it correctly) paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Apple all the way. New Macbook, mouse and keyboard.
- Annual Inspiration Day... like that pottery course you’ve always been meaning to do!
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- We are a social bunch of people, we have virtual quarterly activities and drinks Fridays for whoever wants to join!
- We have virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts to break up your day and work that other part of your brain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.