WHAT WE DO | Our talented teams create tech that connects brands to people via meaningful content that impacts their lives in positive ways. By understanding where the markets are going and where technology fits in; we use our knowledge to identify solutions that boost businesses and shift user experiences.
WHY WE’RE DIFFERENT | What makes us a leader in our industry, and different from other international digital tech companies, is our ability to tailor or custom create our offering to solve business challenges.
WHERE YOU FIT IN | We aim to build an inspiring organisation with an engaged and high performing culture. We believe in possibilities. We connect to the future. Think unlimited digital potential, global reach, limitless content, unreal experiences, real connections… now imagine the direct impact you could have in this landscape. If you are eager to work in an inspiring, dynamic environment and collaborate with like-minded people, we want to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of our Product Manager role is to develop new products and services for our customer base and enhance existing products and services, in the Entertainment domain.
Other responsibilities include:
- Define and own the product roadmap for an entertainment platform.
- Coordinate / interface with partner’s commercial/marketing teams to provide intelligence & requirements from the market for product development & planning.
- Lead development of functional specifications, wireframes and UI/UX designs, getting optimal results from designers (internal & external)
- Work closely with our tech development team to ensure product requirements are clearly received, development prioritization meets GTM plans, and product delivery meets requirements.
- Analyse the target market and direct marketing effort towards identified segment.
- Manage the customer focus group / satisfaction for Mondia products
- Manage end to end relationship with partners – content intake, tool updates, reporting, GTM including in-life product life cycle, promotional coordination.
- Build the overall tracking and reporting plan for Mondia’s services and external content providers.
- Own the platform growth KPIs and manage a network of stakeholder to achieve the target KPIs.
- To keep updated with market trends & consumer behaviour and evolve the platform to be always on the top of the consumer trends.
- To be well acquainted with industry players and stakeholders
- Conduct end user testing of delivered features and functionality.
- Prepare product management reports analysing the product performance against targets.
- Learn from existing consumer behaviour and adapt the product according to those learnings with the target to achieve the platform KPIs.
The ideal candidate has exceptionally high ownership, excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to work with agility in a fast-paced environment. They would also be insanely focused on demonstrating excellence in Product management, stakeholder management and problem-solving; breaking down complex information into understandable and actionable items. Those with experience in the digital/mobile entertainment industry would be at a distinct advantage.
Other qualifications include:
- Minimum of a degree/diploma in Engineering, Computer science, Marketing, or an MBA
- A minimum of 7 years relevant experience within Product, Marketing Management,
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the digital entertainment industry.
- An in-depth knowledge and wide experience in Products & Services with a focus on mobile/digital entertainment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the digital entertainment and start-ups, marketing and product management expertise.
- You are a strong communicator, both verbally and in writing, building up a network for your business tasks within the company and with external partners. You provide excellent negotiation skills and you are a persuasive character.
- We expect you to be a hard-working team player, decision making personality who is able to present and convince.
- You are a good listener and learner being able to pick up fast on strategies and help to shape and adapt the products and business to the needs and benefit of our customers. You will also bring in the ability to design and formulate your strategic ideas and in such respect, present them professionally.
- With your entrepreneurial and commercial mindset, you are a true hands-on manager who is keen to achieve your goals and objectives. You will deal with new challenges and you are ready to adapt to change in the rapidly moving digital and mobile industry.
- Fluent in English in oral and written form, other African languages a plus