About Mr. Green Africa: Mr. Green Africa (MGA) is a fast-growing startup established in 2014 in Nairobi, Kenya. We are a young, dynamic and committed team who believe in changing the perception of waste. We use technology along our value chain to trade recycled material while achieving tangible social and environmental impact. We currently operate in three counties and plan to cover all of Kenya by 2021.
Job Overview: MGA is looking for a qualified Technical Production Manager to undertake a variety of quality control and production processes of technical nature and supervise production and quality control teams and coordinators in the MGA Supply Chain Department. The manager will be ensuring that manufacturing processes run reliably and efficiently ensure standard operating procedures are followed and adhered to. The goal is to optimise sorting, quality control and production procedures while succeeding in producing reliable, prompt results.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Planning and organising production schedules
- Assessing project and resource requirements and selecting, ordering on a timely manner.
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are met
- Improve and refine MGA quality control standards
- Overseeing production processes and supervising the work of quality control, production and maintenance staff
- Organising and overseeing the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Organising relevant training sessions
- Optimise the - sorting processes and ensure that sorted goods meet MGA standards
- Ensure data of material is collected and captured in the ERP, stored correctly and efficiently on a daily basis
- Assist, train and onboard new and existing workers on new or updated quality control, maintenance and production processes
- Champion problem-solving teams and the use of Lean Principles to continually improve key measure performance.
- Organises the activities of all assigned personnel including coordinators, technicians and frontline staff to drive safety, quality and output at the factory to achieve KPIs.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment and achieving zero injuries and protecting the safety of all employees assigned to them
- Manages the performance of all assigned staff, setting goals and objectives, and reviewing performance regularly.
- Regularly communicates status with the head of department including performance to daily, weekly and monthly operations goals.
- Working closely with the Sales and Admin Departments
- A Diploma in Engineering, Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Technology or comparable discipline is ideal
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing a team of 20-60 people is a must
- 5+ years of production management experience in a manufacturing environment is a must
- Knowledge of technical processes related to plastic recycling such as Injection moulding, polymers and