Who we are?
Modus Capital is an early to mid-stage ecosystem development fund that focuses on entrepreneurial ecosystem development in frontier markets by connecting them with developed markets providing cross border deal-flow, capital flows, and knowledge transfer. Our focus is the creation of new technologies to alleviate consumer and business pain points and the application of technology value-added for small-to-medium enterprises. Modus’ expertise lies in growing businesses by providing holistic operational support - something that we have developed, executed, and mastered over the past 5 years.
- Establish internal and external processes for the tech department.
- Identify Modus’ studio project’s scope and timeline.
- Responsible for the daily coordination of sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups.
- Coach and mentor the tech teams on how to implement the Agile frameworks.
- Ensure the effectiveness of internal communication and collaboration between the tech team members and other departments within the organization.
- Act as the focal point of contact for external communications (e.g. from customers or stakeholders).
- Collaborate with the product owners on handling backlogs and new requests.
- Work on resolving any conflicts and tackling obstacles.
- Ensure smooth and efficient implementation of any changes.
- Review the quality of deliverables and ensure it’s up to required standards at the end of each sprint
- Mentor the tech teams to achieve higher scrum maturity.
- Establish a productive environment where the tech team can own the product and thrive.
- 8+ years of experience in Agile and scrum software development
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master.
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement).
- Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks (Crystal, XP etc.)
- Outstanding communication skills.
- People manager and servant leader.
- High problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Extremely organized.
- Knowledge of JIRA or equivalent tools.
- Experience developing project plans and documentations, driving on-time delivery, and managing risks and issues proactively, and leading a cross-functional team
- Knowledge with software engineering of modern micro services platforms using DevOps CI/CD practices is a plus.
- Scrum master certification is a huge plus.
- Fluent in verbal and written English language.
What we offer?
- You would work with a partially remote team of different nationalities on products in multiple industries, different countries and at various stages.
- Awesome work environment.
- Unlimited vacations.
- Quarterly bonuses based on meeting certain milestones.
- Annual professional development budget focused on your continuous learning and growth with us.
- Family Medical Insurance
- Work from home policy.
Note: We currently work from home due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.