Posted on February 23rd, 2021 | 13 days left to apply | 18 views
As a Quality Engineer at SnapScan, you will lead the testing efforts for two lean, agile
engineering teams. The teams are working on highly-available, resilient systems that
more than 1 million users and 60,000 merchants across the country have come to
depend on daily.
As a QE you will be responsible for planning and implementing strategies for quality
management and testing. SnapScan is in a high growth phase and it is of the utmost
importance that we maintain the faith placed in us by our user and merchant bases by
releasing safe, secure, and easy-to-use applications.
You will be an enabler for the teams you work with and will, ultimately, be responsible
for delivering stuff that works. We value a get-things-done approach. You will have
autonomy to choose and implement tools and frameworks that best allow you to
solve the problems at hand.
What You’ll Do
● Work with the Product Manager, Tech Lead and Team Leads to break down
epics and stories into testable items, and perform risk analysis
● Work closely with the CTO and Team Leads to draw up and evolve testing
strategies across the company
● Perform exploratory testing on our products to discover bugs, design flaws and
● Collaborate with Product to ensure that project execution is consistent
● Coach team members in testing methodologies
● Automate testing wherever possible
● Create test plans where automation is not possible
● Review UI/UX with Design to ensure consistency and ease-of-use
● Perform data collection & analysis on efficacy of quality management
We value openness, psychological-safety and proactiveness. You will have plenty of
opportunity to learn and grow with us.
We have always maintained that having fewer, highly skilled and invested engineers
delivers stronger results than would be delivered by bigger teams. You will join a
small, highly-leveraged technical team that has buy-in and autonomy to solve
problems using whatever tools and methodologies are fit for purpose.
Our Testing Stack
Our testing focus is still in its infancy. Our stack at the moment is:
● AppCenter for internal Android, Huawei & iOS builds
● TestFlight for production/beta iOS builds
● Staging and QA environments for admin & portal interfaces
● BrowserStack for cross-browser testing
● TestObject for native testing
● Unit tests through rspec, mocha & jasmine - automated on CircleCI