A bit about what we do at Peach
Peach Payments is a fast growing Pan-African PSP that makes online commerce and digital payment acceptance easier and more accessible across all Africa.
Based in Cape Town, South Africa, we work with small and large sellers to provide a complete toolkit to accept, manage and disburse payments through web and mobile.
Our merchant partners include your favourite food delivery services, whether you’re ordering in or using a meal kit, travel services that can help you book your next getaway adventure and even your neighbour’s side-hustle e-commerce store. For these partners and their customers, we aim to provide delightful experiences that make it as easy as possible to facilitate online payments.
We're hiring a Regulatory and Compliance Officer who'll work with our Leadership Team by helping to manage our regulatory and compliance obligations, as well as execute on our expansion plans across new geographies.
How you’ll be making a difference in this role:
Enable Geographic Expansion of Peach Payments’ business in Africa by:
- Evaluating local laws and regulations in candidate countries
- Preparing go-to-market plans for legal entity setups, regulatory and compliance licensing and any other setups required in the respective countries
- Engaging with local regulators to understand specific requirements for Peach Payments’ setup in the candidate country
- Identifying vendors / partners to work with in-country, to help execute on company setup
- Project managing the execution of the go-to-market plan to ensure that the legal entity is setup and licensed as required
Help scale our Legal and Regulatory Compliance Programmes for our regulated entities, including:
- Managing all elements of the legal and core regulatory compliance programme for our business
- Assist in the operational legal requirements of the business including contract negotiations, creating templates for legal agreements, representing the company and other such requirements as they come up
- Working with local regulators to participate in policy-making and being able to influence key policy decisions
- Reporting to the management team, shareholders and regulators (project managing the cross-functional inputs required, implementing quality control, compiling and filing reports, and managing our reporting calendars)
- Drafting compliance-related policies, procedures, and processes
- Setting up and carrying out a programme of monitoring and testing of compliance of Peach Payments’ products, business and operations against obligations
- Handling escalated regulatory complaints and maintaining compliance records, issue management and remediation projects
- Creating compliance training materials and carrying out training for Peach Payments business and functional teams
The ideal candidate will have the following essentials:
- A solid understanding of the regulatory compliance and risk issues that a company like Peach Payments faces
- Experience in Compliance and/or Risk functions in the Financial Services Industry, preferably Fintech/Payments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An aptitude for working in a regulated environment and for building compliance by design
- The ability to establish strong working relationships with peers and stakeholders in order to manage administrative processes
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, and data-driven skills
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills with the energy for working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment balancing multiple priorities
- Being a qualified/admitted attorney or lawyer would be advantageous
Our teams are currently working remotely
Due to the effects of Covid 19, our teams are currently working remotely.
If you’re currently not working remotely or never have, we’ll set expectations of what this looks like at Peach, during our interview process.
In a nutshell, time- and self-management skills are going to be vital. Other considerations are access to a desk or workspace, internet access and I guess a good supply of fresh air and coffee or tea - whatever gets you through your work day.
We value diversity at Peach and therefore we are committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experiences.