Research and Development Intern
- Company: Kandua
- Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Internship length: 6 months
- Internship start date: ASAP
Kandua is a fintech startup looking for eager interns to support our growing business needs for 2021. Our flagship product, Kandua.com, is South Africa’s largest online home services marketplace. A seamlessly designed platform, that connects great home service providers to the people who need them, powered by pioneering technology and a passionate, talented team.
As an intern, you will be working closely with a Senior member of the Kandua team, as well as other colleagues who will provide you with real hands-on projects and daily tasks.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Research and Development Intern will take ownership of the "Voice of the Pro” (the service provider or contractor) elements of Kandua by collating and disseminating continuous feedback and insights to the business.
- Support in building and managing an impact framework that clearly articulates social impact of interventions on an ongoing basis
- Suggest improvements to current engagement channels (e.g. social media, in app messaging, training, quoting/invoicing)
- Monitor sentiment and “Voice of pro” elements
- Work closely with your supervisor to test at least 1 new engagement product/service or channel
- Support in the creation of a presentation and executive meeting material for senior members
Qualifications and Skills
- Honours/Masters degree in the social sciences, or other relevant degree involving training in statistics or coursework in quantitative research method
- A working understanding of quantitative analysis
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, G-Suite, Tableau, Slack
- Strong proven quantitative skills using recognized research methods and relevant programming languages
- Ability to structure information and data into a usable format (e.g. drafting documents and presentations etc.)
- Research knowledge (working understanding of research methods and their appropriate applications) eg: Surveys, Questionnaires, Interviews, Case Studies, etc.
- A strong interest in research-related activities and a passion for development
- Excellent management and organizational skills, detail-oriented with the ability to work independently and to be supervised remotely (have a laptop and a quiet space to work when needed)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Experience working with diverse teams
- Product/Project management
- Data Analysis (comfort with data analysis tools and methods e.g. SQL)
- Experience in development and impact work
- Behavioural Science Innovation experience would be advantageous