Who we are
At Okra, we are building the tool that will usher in the 5th generation of FinTech in Africa. Our thesis is simply the fact that — financial innovation cannot exist without the right infrastructure (data). Essentially, how far the African Fintech industry can grow is intrinsically tied with the success of an infrastructure like Okra.
It’s an amazing time to join Okra. We are looking for someone who will play a fundamental role in helping to develop our Risk and Compliance function and oversee a best in class internal controls program at Okra.
This means you will handle a wide variety of compliance-related matters, including working closely with the Legal Counsel in designing and implementing regulatory internal controls processes and procedures, executing compliance risk assessments, testing key internal controls, and reporting compliance health to the appropriate governing bodies.
- Plan, design and implement an overall risk management process for the company products and operations
- Conduct internal risk management and independence compliance reviews in line with global requirements.
- Design and monitor control systems to deal with violations of legal rules and internal policies
- Coordinate with departmental managers to review all department’s compliance policies
- Perform continuing reviews on company procedures and processes
- Evaluate and manage AML/CFT software application for automated transaction tracking, suspicious activity monitoring, flagging and reporting.
- Manage liaison with the legal team to ensure appropriate filings of compliance reports with regulatory agencies
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or assessment to ensure that compliance procedures are followed
- Prepare reports for the management, Chief compliance officer and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
- Assist in the administration of data privacy and IT security compliance of the Company.
- Provide support in managing queries on ethics, independence and risk management policies, procedures and systems.
- Develop insurance strategies and financing techniques to appropriately deal with any unanticipated losses.
- Manage liaison with the relevant teams on accounting audit practices, safety measures, and compliance reports.
- Manages and prepares all documentation related to risk assessments and reviews of standard operating procedures
- Administering quality and risk management training programs.
- Perform other quality and risk management duties as assigned.
You will need:
- Educational Qualification: Relevant first degree or its equivalent or professional qualification in Law, Accounting, Banking, Actuarial Science, Auditing, Finance, Economics, Commerce, or in any other numerate or semi-numerate field.
- Professional Qualification: ACAMS, ICA, ACA,ACCA, ICSAN
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience
- An interest in changing the payments landscape in Africa.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.