We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this problem by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In August 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we're enabling millions of payments a month and expanding across the continent. And that's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve it
We are looking for a Sales Supervisor to join us who is excited about a challenge and is passionate about Wave's mission; dynamic and out of the box thinker who is ready to do whatever it takes to achieve our mission of making Senegal cashless! You'll be responsible for selling Wave's business products as we rapidly scale our business in Senegal.
As Sales Supervisor, you will be part of the Sales team which is in charge of prospecting and acquiring new business clients. You will also contribute in building revenue generating business-facing products that our customers will love in order to grow our non P2P revenues.
- Sourcing business partnerships for Wave's business products
- Cold calling new prospects
- Giving in person or remote presentations
- Closing sales deals
- Participating in the elaboration of the sales strategy
- Figuring out how we grow our business customer base day after day
- Building relationships to enable Wave to grow and operate effectively in Senegal
- Providing feedback from daily activities
- Location is based primarily in Dakar with possible short-term relocations within Senegal
- Work authorization in Senegal required
- Strong oral and written skills
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar position (ideally in an internationally company)
- Fluent in French and Wolof
- Good proficiency in English
- Secondary degree education in Communications, Telecommunications, Finance, International Relations, Business Management, or a comparable field
Preferable aptitudes and qualities
- You have a strong network of friends and former colleagues from your work in B2B sales or work at a telecom operator that you are excited for an excuse to call up, meet and work with
- You are equally at ease in a boardroom giving a presentation or preparing partner on-boarding documents in French/English
- You're enthusiastic about Wave's mission and excited to do what needs to be done to achieve it
- You like team work, but you also know how to work well independently
- You have demonstrated tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- You are excessively detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
Bonus points if you
- Have experience working internationally
- We're a team of 300+ Senegalese, 100+ Ivorian and 60+ remote people who are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.