The Senior Associate, Process Excellence will work within the Process Excellence team in Kenya alongside the country’s Associate Manager to reshape critical business processes across the East Africa business and the organization as a whole. They will be involved in project/pilot management, business process management and continuous improvement, while providing insights and data-driven recommendations to the Commercial Team. The Senior Associate will join a team with an ambitious agenda to deliver step change performance improvement across critical business functions like Sales, Operations and Finance as well as designing new businesses.
- Business Process Analysis: Conduct analysis of existing business processes & systems through observation, interviews, data analysis, etc. Summarize and succinctly present findings to your supervisor and other leaders in Greenlight Planet.
- Project Support: Works closely with the Project Manager in eliciting requirements, defining the project scope, developing high quality project documentation and monitoring/reporting project progress.
- Problem Solving: Effectively frame and break down problems using root-cause analysis, feedback loops, 5 Whys and other tools in systems thinking and problem solving, while leveraging technology and innovative ways of solving problems.
- Define and Monitor metrics and KPIs: to measure process and project performance to help identify areas of improvement in design, approach and delivery.
- Conduct trainings: with junior, and mid-level office and field-based staff members transferring knowledge and excellent implementation of new processes
- Any other business as assigned by your supervisor
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 2 years professional experience in an organization where you developed skills in some of the following:
- Project Management
- Business Process Management
- Business Process Automation
- Operational Excellence
- New feature/product pilots
- Critical Thinker: Very strong ability to structure problems and drive towards solutions even in ambiguous situations
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Owning one’s tasks and being able to work independently and figure things out.
- Values-driven: Driven by the social mission to provide clean energy and employment to rural communities.
- Track record of success academically or professionally
- Up-to-date with latest market technologies e.g. for automations
- Ability to generate high quality insights from data using Excel/Google Sheets and/or BI software (Looker, Power BI, Tableau, SAP Analytics, OBIEE) and other analytical tools [this will be tested]
- Collecting data using structured data gathering techniques including Google Forms/Microsoft Forms, and presenting information in a clear, insightful manner using Google Slides or Powerpoint.
Opportunities & Perks
The Senior Associate, Process Excellence will be a part of a global Process Excellence team with strong technology, business process and consulting experience, and will benefit from world class professional development opportunities and get unparalleled exposure across a leading solar company that delivers life changing products to customers across Africa and Asia.
Greenlight Planet offers a fun, supportive work environment with free breakfast and lunch, competitive compensation, medical insurance, workplace accident scheme, annual performance reviews, weekly professional development chats, and opportunities for continued professional career growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people: We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, or disability.