- Intrigued by the idea of solving key problems for founders entrepreneurs operating in developing markets?
- Interested in working at a successful, funded start-up where every team member can make a huge contribution?
- Excited to work on greenfield projects with responsibility and independence?
- Gifted with a strong desire to write beautiful code?
- Are you a self-starter and are comfortable with remote work?
Why we need you
Startups face tough decisions every day about how to allocate scarce talent and capital. Investors are challenged by the lack of information and expertise in less-served markets. Pariti is exploring ways to help them solve problems for both sides, using cutting edge technology.
- Processing high volumes of qualitative and quantitative data about startups, and presenting this complexity in a manageable form
- Creating interfaces that enable users to navigate high volumes of data efficiently
- Creating beautiful APIs for your front end friends!
We've got foundational tools in place, but you would be joining early enough to influence every part of our architecture as we go forward. We also want you to contribute to our collaborative and fun company atmosphere.
Being a small team, we have a lot of freedom to choose how, where and when we work. The "typical day" is therefore not so typical. Instead, we maintain a focus on making our users happy, whatever form that takes. We spend nearly all our time coding and discussing code, with very little time in meetings. If you have a great idea for a feature, you will have no trouble getting it built. If you find a great library, framework or other technology, we want to hear about it and whether it can work for us.
Skills & Requirements
- It is vital that you can demonstrate a track record of creating flexible, extensible web APIs, running with stability and efficiency on cloud hardware.
- You must be ready to tackle a sophisticated Python 3 codebase with ease.
- Specifically, our current stack is based on Angular 9, talking to a GraphQL API built on Django, all hosted on AWS. Familiarity with one or more of these tools would be a big advantage.
- A strong appreciation of good user experience is essential, along with the ability to implement smart and attractive user interfaces.
- Appreciation of how to communicate complex data to users.
- Excitement about understanding real world problems and fixing them with technology.
- We are also looking for someone who loves the idea of being a big part of a small team.
- As an early member of the team, we will provide a competitive compensation package with equity on a vesting schedule. Details to be discussed depending on the candidate.