The world is changing.
We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as an individual.
Together, we're upgrading the world of work to unleash your potential and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself.
Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the world, and to do so, we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need people with exceptional talent. As simple as that.
A little about us:
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- We currently have over 6 million customers across 40 countries.
- We're part of the Digital Currency Group, a group of companies driving progress in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space that includes Grayscale, Genesis, Coindesk and Foundry Services.
- Our platform has processed over $17 billion to date.
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams from 43 different nationalities — working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore.
The role in a nutshell:
Luno is seeking an experienced and passionate writer/editor to share the good word about cryptocurrency. You’ll be doing a bit of everything – writing and editing compelling long-form articles, snappy video scripts, enchanting emails and more.
We’re looking for someone with a deep love of writing who isn’t afraid to get stuck in whenever and wherever artful, customer pleasing, and, most-importantly, entertaining copy is needed. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of Luno’s fast-growing, best-in-class editorial function and you’ll be playing a central role in our success.
Your mission will involve:
- Writing, researching, editing, proofreading and publishing new articles, launching new promotions and products.
- Helping to develop and launch new marketing campaigns through exciting and engaging copy.
- Championing the editorial quality control for everything we publish.
- Collaborating closely with some of the best writers and analysts in the industry.
- Regularly auditing and improving the website; writing and editing content and copy to ensure it’s all up to date and the right fit in this incredibly fast-paced industry.
The ideal Lunaut for this role, will have:
- 3+ years of relevant writing and editing experience.
- A good understanding of cryptocurrency/FinTech.
- Experience managing multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Experience working with editorial team i.e. like proofreading/editing /giving feedback to other writers work.
- A take-charge, get-it-done, do-it-right-the-first-time approach.
- An appreciation of salesmanship and storytelling as the best way to communicate.
- A sense of humour and an eye for what the customer wants.
- An understanding of keywords and how to apply them to improve SEO.
Remote Life at Luno:
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you.
Like the majority of the companies, Luno is currently working remotely to keep our employees safe, which means you will not be physically, but virtually onboarded for now!
- Live long and prosper. We’ve got you covered with excellent private medical insurance.
- You'll be able to continuously up-skill yourself with access to free courses on Udemy, Coursera and Codeacademy.
- For the crypto fans among you (should be everyone!), you'll pay 0 fees with Luno from the day you start
- Generous maternity / paternity and even (yes, you are reading it correctly) paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Apple all the way. New Macbook, mouse and keyboard.
- Annual Inspiration Day... for that pottery course you’ve always been meaning to do!
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- We have virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts to break up your day and work that other part of your brain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.