The MultiChoice Group is a multinational media and entertainment group headquartered in South Africa, Dubai and the Netherlands with principal operations in pay television, video entertainment, advertising and content security. Brands within the Group include DStv, GOtv, SuperSport, M-Net, DStv Media Sales, Showmax and European-based content security leader Irdeto. We’re proud to say we serve 14 million households across 50 African markets, with a successful history of identifying and adapting to industry trends, allowing us to continuously deliver the best in entertainment.
Our strength lies in focusing on local language and culture, promoting an entrepreneurial spirit and being powered by a talented and dedicated workforce. By joining our team, you can help us achieve our objectives of expanding our pay-TV and SVOD (Subscription Video On demand) subscriber bases, improving advertising sales, spearheading cutting-edge technology, supporting local content and providing an exceptional customer experience.
Purpose of the Position:
- To provide input in the architectural design, development, customization and integration efforts of enterprise data solutions within the MultiChoice Group Framework.
- Work closely with the business requirements for the provision of internal applications, deliver an effective support and maintenance service for identified business applications, and undertake the implementation of application developments, including defined projects where assigned
- A minimum of 5 years’ full stack SQL Server development experience. Experience with other RDBMS technologies like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle PL-SQL would be an added advantage
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with open-source statistical/data analysis programming languages like R and Python
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience with big data tools like Apache Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB, Snowflake
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience with AWS or Azure cloud services like Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Azure Cosmos DB etc
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience stream processing systems like Storm, Spark, Redis
- Production release & maintenance experience
- .Net language experience
- Visualisation & storyboarding experience with tools like Tableau and PowerBI
- Experience with productivity tools like DevOps is essential
- Statistical experience preferential