Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for a motivated and high-achieving Full Stack Engineer to join the FinGenesis family in building a platform to serve the best forecasts and help businesses and people make the best decisions.
This is a full-time placement with significant opportunities for personal and professional development. You will work in the Product team and collaborate with colleagues across time zones. You should have a proven experience of programming across the tech stack, be comfortable working on any areas at the backend, communicate ideas effectively, write well-organized code that can be understood by others, and be engaged with our global team across time zones.
The application stack is primarily built in Python around our proprietary machine-learning core and uses Python Frameworks (Django, Flask, SQLAlchemy), Database (Timescale, SQLLite, VoltDB) on backend, and Flutter, React, Typescript, HTML, and CSS on the frontend for serving both Web and iOS/Android Apps with Firebase based implementation. We also make use of Cython, Numpy, Torch, Ansible, AWS, GCP and other technologies throughout the rest of the stack.
Who Are We Looking For
We invest in those who think creatively, put ego aside to get things right, and love our culture. Many bright minds working together make better decisions than one. We have kept a low profile and you may not find too much information about us yet, and that will change this year as we get covered in news.
We are expanding and have stellar plans to place our team on-track for amazing success.
- Planning: analyze the current architecture and the solutions, build and deploy improvements.
- Development: code, install, configure, develop interfaces, implement reusable components.
- Testing: implement CI/CD for proper testing and code checks, and maintain Git.
- Deployment: build automated deployments and keep the system documentation up-to-date.
- Quality: ensure high-quality coding practices, repositories, documentation, and guidelines.
- Monitoring: build health checks for continuous overwatch of the performance and capacity.
- Maintenance: build frameworks and to support auto-scaling of the solutions and the platforms.
- Infrastructure: manage the company’s Server and Cloud setups, and implement system security.
- Innovation: implement the best open-source tools to deliver high-performance technology stack.
- Flexibility: feel empowered and comfortable in working with colleagues across time zones.
- Agile: deliver business value and high-quality contributions week-on-week, in tight timelines.
- Join a unique, pan-global, and fast-growing team that works in a family-like supportive culture.
- Roles and duties can evolve quickly allowing a quicker career growth than at large enterprises.
- Innovate, learn and discover newer and better technologies to achieve more intellectual growth.
- Improve your resilience and many personal traits (time management, flexibility, empathy).
- Competitive salary and stock options. Make FinGenesis team/family your own company.
- Flexible annual holiday allowance and potential annual off-site meetings and travel opportunity.
- Flexible work-from-home and remote days to save your costs, and to provide a flexible culture.
- Potential of relocation and experience of working in another country, beyond your home country.
- Learn the business through involvement in strategic planning of products, and client discussions.
- Smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas, growth and enthusiasm.
- Opportunity to work with and learn from some of the brightest minds and thought leaders.
Qualifications and Skills
- This role is open for candidates of all levels of experience from junior to senior.
- 2 years (or more) of relevant experience in delivering enterprise solutions is preferable.
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is preferable.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (version control, tooling, testing, etc.)
- Ability to design and architect high-performance distributed software.
- In-depth understanding of computer architecture is preferable, e.g. C, C++, Cython, is a plus.
- Proficient in Python, Django, Databases (SQL and in-memory), Docker, Linux, and APIs.
- Understanding of the full stack, from REST backends to modern SPA frontends, is preferable.
- Interest in machine learning and big data, and such prior experience is a plus.
- Smart, capable, and writes clean code. Application of business analysis techniques and strategy.
- Understanding of the best practices regarding system/platform security.
- Work experience in a diverse global team and the ability to communicate clearly is preferred.
- Experience in customer-facing roles is preferred.
- Candidates based in India, Malaysia, Tunisia are preferred.
- Work location shall be your current location. Relocation to other offices may happen next year.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the Application Form at this link: https://forms.gle/n6ticTS3VYr58nwQ9.
After clearing the initial screening, selected profiles will be scheduled for 2 rounds of interviews to cover technical and personal evaluation. Selected candidates will receive an attractive Offer and a warm welcome to the FinGenesis family.
FinGenesis is an AI company building the new generation of Deep Learning AI to provide more accurate and better forecasting solutions. Our products are relevant in multiple industries and this year we are to launch a few products, for selected B2B clients as well as a broader B2C audience that are underserved and not offered enterprise-grade AI solutions like ours.
The company is based in Singapore with a presence in 4 continents. FinGenesis is more than 10 people strong and is rapidly growing. More experienced members of the team include the Founder who brings deep experience in Finance and Tech, and a few thought-leaders with PhDs from top universities in the US (Berkeley, UMinn). Our team has more than 70 years of collective experience, speaks 6 languages, and everyone innovates constantly to bring us forward.
Our team fosters a family-like welcoming environment where everyone is expected to bring their best intentions and hard work, to achieve the extraordinary through inquisitive openness and collaboration. Our people trust each other, are kind, highly motivated, resilient, and enjoy working in a responsible and flexible environment.