Posted on September 22nd, 2021 | 66 days left to apply | 50 views
This role will have special focus on promoting DevOps model to increase developer productivity through well-orchestrated automated services in various stages of continuous integration and continuous delivery. DevOps Lead Engineer must have a very deep understanding of various development tools and technologies. This is a hands-on technical role but with a high degree of collaboration to drive cultural change and raise the maturity levels of the Continuous Delivery practices. The role holder will cross and merge the barriers that exist between the various business, software development, testing, and operations teams and keep existing networks in mind as they design, plan, and test.
· This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
· Responsible for developing and building IT solutions, install and configure solutions, implement reusable components, translate technical requirements, assist with all stages of test data, develop interface stubs and simulators and perform script maintenance and updates.
· Build automated deployments using configuration management technology.
· Deploy new modules and upgrades and complete fixes within the production environment.
· Make modules ready for production, which entails moving them according to specific procedures and documenting knowledge transfer.
· Responsible for routine application maintenance tasks which must be accomplish via strategy-building techniques.
· Create requirements and procedures for implementing routine maintenance.
· Responsible for troubleshooting existing information systems for errors and resolving those errors
· Evaluate existing applications and platforms and recommendations for enhancing performance via gap analysis, identifying the most practical alternative solutions and assisting with modifications.
· Design DevOps roadmaps for enterprise agility as well as DevOps readiness.
· Design release plan roadmap in collaboration with Chief Product Owner and Chief Scrum Master.
· Deploy/Scale incremental improvements enterprise-wide, measure progress, then return to step one to reassess DevOps capability.
· Drive automation at all stages of software development, release, operations, and maintenance.
· Craft solutions to fit the Agile practices from development, testing, to governance.
· Design, encourage and monitor continuous process improvement and Agile assessments
· Set up the tools for Enterprise DevOps delivery pipeline
· Bachelor’s degree in information technology or any computer science-related fields
· 4+ years’ experience in DevOps and/or Cloud Infrastructure Engineering
· Demonstrable background standing up Kubernetes (k8s) - GKE highly preferred facing products
· Demonstrable background standing up Kubernetes (k8s) - GKE highly preferred
· Recent experience using Infrastructure as Code, Configuration Management, & Orchestration tools (Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Cloud formation, Puppet, etc.)
· A strong understanding of public cloud environments (preferably GCP)
· Experience leveraging multiple methods of working such as CI/CD, BDD, TDD, Agile and a strong understanding of the software delivery lifecycle (SDLC)
· Scripting/light application coding may be involved (Java, JS, Python)