Sky.Garden is a Nairobi-based tech startup providing a SaaS eCommerce platform that allows SMEs to sell any product to local audiences with ease. Sky.Garden removes the complexity in the fragmented digital advertising landscape and lets business owners focus on customers rather than technology. No cost upon entry. Fully automated local payment and shipping options are integrated out-of-the-box. Safe and secure.
We are looking for an analytically minded, Digital Media Manager for Sky.Garden to focus on media planning across the digital media landscape. This position has a focus on direct buying but will involve programmatic channels as well. Prior experience in programmatic and mar-tech tools is a plus. We are looking for a smart, passionate, and experienced professional who is looking for a challenging opportunity to show off their vast experience in digital marketing technologies & digital media management.
What You Will Do
In this role, you will be front and center in working with marketing tech stack, to support the growth of various operational targets. Your duties will involve digital media buying and management, marketing automation, and marketing analytics.
- Analyze business goals and define segmentation and content strategies to deliver the most effective messages to the right audiences at the right time;
- Develop and activate targeted campaigns multichannel campaigns.
- Measure what matters (Impact = reach (all existing accounts & defined personas), engagement (email opens/clicks, webinar attendance, survey responses), and insights (offers that engage, and barriers to customer success surfaced.)
- Manage multi-channel digital media buying and planning through all steps of the planning process from RFPing, partner evaluations, partner scoring, negotiations, and final execution
- Coordination of custom creative assets, sponsorship materials, co-authored content with vendors, ensuring campaigns are set up correctly, and all parties stay organized and media delivers against core KPIs.
- Media planning based on brief parameters and media strategy –inclusive of helping create out-of-the-box/ custom activations across various programs.
- Lead junior team members (1-2 specialists) in day-to-day executions; prior management/oversight experience required
- This position reports to the MD & Chief Marketing Officer.
- Marketing automation expertise, including knowledge of key concepts and recent experience with the latest best practices for workflows, triggers, personalization, segmentation, targeting, and drip campaigns.
- Modern marketing campaign management skills, including message/offer creation, persona development, targeting, and segmenting strategies.
- 4-6+ years of experience working in media agencies, media technology platform,s or general advertising agencies.
- Experience working on custom executions/ out of the box ideas with premium digital publishers
- Professional client communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, but also can work well in a team