The MultiChoice Group is a broad-based multinational media and entertainment group headquartered in South Africa, Dubai and Netherlands with principal operations in pay television, video entertainment, advertising and content security serving rapidly growing base of 13,5 million households. Brands within the Group include DSTV, GOTv, SuperSport, M-net, DSTVnow, Showmax and Europe based content security leader Irdeto.
MultiChoice Group has a successful history of identifying trends early, adapting them for our markets and leveraging them to provide the best experience to customers in Africa. The group’s strength lies in its focus on local language and culture, its entrepreneurial spirit and the quality of its workforce. By joining our team, you can help in achieving our objectives, namely: Expand Pay TV, grow SVOD subscriber base and advertising sales; focus on investment and technology; maintain a local approach, provide quality service and attract innovative and motivated employees.
- Review designs created by designers; ask any necessary clarifying questions before starting on work.
- Write code to implement those visual elements into various mobile applications.
- Create prototypes, mockups, and staging apps for review and feedback.
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Liaise with Product development team to plan new features
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
- Effectively communicate with your peers on all levels
- Give detailed explanations and argue the pros and cons of your choices
- Follow and drive the implementation of department standards and methodologies
- 6 years’ experience with Mobile Applications development
- Exceptional knowledge of Swift (iOS), Java (Android), JSON, SOAP and REST Web Services
- Knowledge of MVC architecture
- Knowledge of Reactive Programming (ReactiveX or Rx) would be a great advantage
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the Apple App Store or the Android Play Store
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies
- SCRUM experience would be advantageous
- An understanding of object oriented programming
- Experience in development practices like test-driven development, continuous integration and -deployment
- Knowledge of Java for Android (applicable to iOS developers) and Swift (applicable to Android developers) would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Java back-end development advantageous
- Eager to learn new technologies and excited by change
- Experience in taking lead within the team and other team members should come to you for guidance
- Mentor Junior developers
- Exposure to being involved in a number of complex projects
- Exposure to easily virtualizing the changes required for most features or bug fixes.
- Experience in designing, coding and testing the entire system
- Exposure to use of appropriate data structures and algorithms and comes up with generic/object-oriented code that encapsulate aspects of the problem that are subject to change.
- Experience in knowing how and when to use enterprise patterns (caching, queuing, logging etc)
- Exposure to being able to provide detailed explanation and argue the pros and cons of the solution design taken
- Experience in mastering your primary programming language and a few others
- Experience in setting technical direction Experience in ensuring continuous improvement of technical processes