SweepSouth is the largest online marketplace on the African continent for ordering and paying for home cleaning services. We connect people with experienced, reliable, efficient and insured cleaners in minutes.
SweepSouth is in search of a new full-time team member to join our technical team of engineers. This position will be available immediately. The successful candidate will need to be based in Cape Town.
We currently operate in major areas of South Africa, including Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban, Centurion and Pretoria; and we are rapidly expanding into new areas.
We're looking for a talented Front End Engineer to join our growing SweepSouth engineering team to work on the core components of the SweepSouth platform. You'll be primarily tasked with helping us rapidly scale our products.
- Experience with React is essential, you will need to understand the React Lifecycle, state management and best practices.
- Experience with Redux or an equivalent is highly desirable, again it is important that you understand how to manage state efficiently in complex applications.
- Able to write CSS that is compatible across abroad range of devices, experience with CSS-in-JS frameworks such as Styled Components is a bonus.
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Experience working closely with the product team, designers, and other developers.
- A background in UX design and experience working with Design Systems.
- Experience developing native app features such as location and video.
- Experience developing testing suites for front-end and back-end services.
- Have worked in a tech startup environment.
- Functional programming background.
Here is a breakdown of our stack:
- Web Client: React (Next.js + custom state management with Context API & Hooks), GraphQL (Apollo), Styled-Components
- Mobile Client: React-Native, React-Navigation, Redux, + some custom native modules
- Backend: Python (Django, Graphene)
- A generous monthly allowance to use our platform
- Contributions to medical aid
- Pension plan
- The chance to change the world by disrupting an industry that hasn't changed much in decades
- Work with smart and motivated co-workers on interesting problems, in a fun office environment in the centre of Cape Town