About the job
We’re looking for a highly motivated Senior Frontend Engineer who wants to join an international start-up and take on the challenge of their life! Our vision is to build the world’s best company, therefore we need to build the world’s best team.
Capiter is a b2b marketplace that brings together FMCGs, Wholesalers and merchants to the same platform, enabling merchants to order their products through the e-commerce platform and receive credit on their purchases. As of today it’s serving +20k merchants and +150 FMCGs and wholesalers.The focus is to create value for merchants and improve their income.
We are a versatile team of close to 100 problem solvers who love making the impossible possible. We strive for a diverse and entrepreneurial company culture with people who are curious and want to be the best at what they do.
We are backed by top tier VC’s such as Shrooq Partners, MSA and some of the most successful entrepreneurs in the Middle East.
We are looking for an Angular Frontend Developer to be responsible for the client side of our service. Your primary focus will be to implement a complete user interface in the form of a mobile and desktop web app, with a focus on performance. Your main duties will include creating modules and components and coupling them together into a functional app. The artistic design will be delivered to you, via UX mockups. You will be cooperating with the back-end team in the process of building the RESTful APIs.
You will collaborate with the stakeholders, the users, the build team and other development partners to implement state-of-the-art user experiences.
- Develop new features for and maintain performance of the Angular web-app
- Review code of colleagues and suggest brilliant improvement
- Implement new technologies to maximize application performance
- Participate actively in discussions, presentations and decisions about front end development, web application, mobile app etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze, design, and ship new features
- Cooperating with the back-end developer in the process of building the RESTful API
- Act as the impulse by providing clear guidance to the team’s questions during implementation phases
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
We are looking for someone who has previously built teams and who has experience from a start-up or an international top-tier company within product & engineering ambit. You have experience from the marketplace & ecommerce business.
A highly motivated and hands on person, who has a strong understanding of the start-up mentality, with a positive can-do attitude and self-motivation. Further the position requires analytical, structured problem-solving and communication skills.
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Deep knowledge of Angular best practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Ensuring a clear dependency chain, in regard to the app logic as well as the file system
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Validating user actions on the client side and providing responsive feedback
- Writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multi-threading, when needed
- Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core Angular
- Experience with building the infrastructure for serving the front-end app and assets
- Documenting the code inline using JSDoc or other conventions
- Writing extensive unit tests using automated TDD tasks
- Creating e2e test suites for all components, and running them with Protractor (or a well reasoned alternative)
- Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments
What you can expect from us:
- Learn and work with some of the best entrepreneurs that will give you insights to all relevant aspects of building a company.
- Work in a flat, modern organisation with no bureaucracy where trust is the most important trait
- Explore and learn from new cultures that are most likely very different from what you’re used to.
- Work in a fast-paced company where time between decision to action is minimal.
- The opportunity to build a b2b marketplace in retail space, a global business, meaningful network and experience.
- Salary in line with market benchmarks and stock options with potential of significant gains.