Jetstream is a technology enabled logistics company. We aim to give businesses in emerging markets more control over their global supply chains.
"Igniting a Revolution in cross-border trade logistics"
Jetstream is powered by a network of freight carriers, customs agents and ground transporters that combine technology and on-the-ground know-how to move shipments, of any size, between global markets and the African continent.
Jetstream acts as a vertical broker between the fragmented and often-hidden segments of cross-border supply chains in Africa. From instant pricing, to cargo tracking and customs regulation transparency, Jetstream makes the process visible.
This is a remote position.
Line Manager: Product Manager | Type: Full-time | Location: Remote | Department: Engineering
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will be combining the art of design with the art of programming. You will be working closely with UX designers and backend engineers to implement robust frontend interfaces. You will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of product components as well as for ensuring reliability in code, infrastructure, and process delivery.
- Plan, implement and test web application interfaces
- Build UI components that can be reused across multiple applications
- Participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing.
- Ensure all UI features are developed in a backward-compatible, accessible, and responsive design in mind
- Work independently or with other engineers to develop user experience-focused web application interfaces and provide support for existing systems.
- Collaborate with designers, backend engineers, stakeholders, and clients to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product.
- Maintain Continuous integration & deployment pipelines for UI builds
- 4+ years of hands-on experience building web product interfaces.
- Proficiency working with Vue.js
- Solid experience in using complex REST API from the client-side. Knowledge of gRPC is a major plus.
- In-depth understanding of web standards & markup including HTML5 & CSS3, asynchronous request handling, cross-browser compatibility, modern security standards, etc.
- Familiarity with client-side build/config management and testing tools like Webpack, Jasmine, Karma, etc.
- Working knowledge of the Django framework is a plus.
- Exposure to full-stack development
- Exposure to Continuous Integration/Delivery pipeline for cloud including Jenkins, Sonar, Docker, etc.
Competitive base salary and bonus and private health insurance.