Hi! We’re so happy that you’re here.
Think-it is a software engineering collective on a mission to unlock human potential through sustainable use of technology. Our high-performance, low-carbon solutions help innovative teams around the world lower costs, democratize data, and reach net-zero faster.
With a focus on digital transformation, smart infrastructure, and the UN SDGs, we tackle meaningful problems that can only be solved with future-proof technology. Our team includes experts in Full Stack Engineering, Machine Learning, and DevOps and Cloud.
Founded in 2017, Think-it is home to a diverse community of changemakers — we represent 8+ nationalities, and 40% of us are women. We’re proud to be backed by mission-aligned partners, and our goals are people- and planet-centric.
We believe that technology is most powerful when it's used to build real solutions to the ways we live, move, eat, and work on this planet. Our cross-discipline teams tackle big and diverse challenges with partners around the world, and no two projects are alike - but the backbone of any successful team is a Full Stack Engineer.
We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer with 3-5 years of experience working on the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally for our partner projects.
80%: Your key responsibilities
- Build across the full stack from the backend APIs to front end user interfaces to deliver end-to-end solutions based on user requirements and objectives
- Advocate for design thinking and user empathy to design and deliver high-quality UX
- Build technical documentation for partner projects, and contribute to Think-it's internal knowledge and code bases
- Support our social impact learning programs and internal Learning & Development by coaching up-and-coming engineers on your areas of expertise
- Mentor and support junior full stack engineers in their partner projects, learning goals, and performance assessment processes
20%: Up to you! What are you passionate about? What do you want to learn, and where else would you like to contribute?
We encourage you to apply even if you don't feel like you check every box on this list.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Full Stack Software Engineer, including experience designing and building complex web application architectures with reliability, high-availability, performance, and scalability
- Strong focus on Frontend web development and technologies including experience working with standard frontend frameworks like React, Angular and Vuejs - and xxperience designing Web UI and UX
- Experience in debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Agile Software Development Techniques and Tools, TDD, and pair programming
- Professional written and verbal fluency in English
It would be great if you also have:
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
- Experience organizing workshops, bootcamps, developer groups, or forums
- Experience working with standard cloud services provider (preferably AWS or GCP)
- Experience coaching junior developers in a structured or unstructured setting
- Experience working with international and/or distributed teams
- Experience with data visualization and mapping
- Professional proficiency in additional languages like French and Tunisian Arabic
Who you are
- You are self-motivated. You take initiative, are naturally curious, and can learn new things quickly while continuing to deliver value on the job.
- You are a shipper. You respect deadlines, accomplish your work autonomously, and have experience setting a positive example for self-management to your team members.
- You are people-centric. You have the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts, and enjoy helping others grow.
What we offer you
- Competitive monthly salary
- Autonomous and remote-friendly workplace culture
- Globally conscious culture invested in the ethical use of technology to solve real problems
- Free weekly team lunches
- Team activities, retreats, and reflections
- Peer-to-peer learning and development
- A lifetime community of like-minded changemakers
Think-it is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.
QUICK TIP: Make sure to send us your CV in ENGLISH. No need for a cover letter 🙂