About SHYFT Power Solutions
At SHYFT Power Solutions, we're on a mission to ensure that clean, reliable, and affordable energy solutions can scale and sustainably meet demand. We build IoT and integrated software solutions to optimize energy asset performance (that's solar, battery, grid, and/or generator systems) and help our customers, renewable energy companies, facility managers and real estate developers improve operational efficiency while at it. Today, nearly every major bank in Nigeria has a branch using SHYFT technology to ensure reliable and affordable power. With over 3,000kW of energy assets being managed by SHYFT technology in emerging markets like Nigeria, we're a catalyst for the energy transition.
As a venture-backed company, SHYFT’s culture encompasses limited hierarchy, creativity, and initiative all while delivering the benefits of a larger group (i.e. prominent customers and resourceful advisors & investors). We’re a team that thrives in the midst of challenges and finds fulfillment in building exceptional products that solve real problems.
SHYFT is funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley and around the world including Total Carbon Neutrality Ventures, Softbank, and Powerhouse Ventures among many more. The leadership and advisors bring together Stanford engineers, ex-Tesla executives, and experienced Nigerian operations professionals.
What you'll do
- Developing, testing, and deploying features and fixes to front-end applications and backend web services.
- Being actively involved in the architecture and design process for said applications.
- Translating product requirements into an implementation plan, and leading the development of our applications and services to meet those requirements.
- Maintaining, patching, and updating each code base, ensuring that applications run reliably.
- Working across the engineering team to help design clear and consistent APIs and data feeds
- Report directly to the Principal Software Engineer
Who you are
- RabbitMQ, Redis, SQL, InfluxDB
- Professional experience using common team workflow and development tools, such as:Git, Github, Slack, InVision (or similar), cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Heroku, etc.), project management tools (e.g. Jira, Asana, etc.), and continuous integration tools (e.g. Travis CI, CircleCI, etc.).
- Git, Github, Slack, InVision (or similar), cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Heroku, etc.), project management tools (e.g. Jira, Asana, etc.), and continuous integration tools (e.g. Travis CI, CircleCI, etc.).
- Passion for SHYFT's mission and values, emphasis on team, and ability to find joy in tackling hard problems
- Comfort with multiple languages and frameworks, and the ability to move across the tech stack
- Self-motivation, and a desire and ability to learn new technologies and processes quickly on the fly
- Desire to continuously improve our processes and find creative solutions to our operational challenges
- Excellent interpersonal communication abilities: asking good questions and explaining processes, timelines, etc.; setting clear expectations
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and timely follow-through
- BS or Masters in Computer Science or similar field
- Experience in the clean-tech, clean energy, or electricity sectors
- Management experience
- Experience with Nigerian or West African customers, products, and markets.
- Experience working with remote teams
SHYFT Power Solutions offers competitive benefits including health insurance and a generous PTO.
If you’re excited about our company and environmental mission, and this looks like a fit, you should apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and we look forward to hearing from you.