Helium Health is a full-service healthtech company that provides a suite of solutions for healthcare providers, payers, patients and partners in emerging markets. We offer a hospital management suite, automated lending and data-driven public health solutions for healthcare stakeholders in Africa and the Middle East.
We are seeking a Senior Graphic Designer who will be responsible for shaping the visual aspects of our brand as seen on websites, brochures, product packaging, exhibitions and more; creating and designing graphics to drive the desired message for Helium’s services and products.
- Study design briefs and determine requirements and conceptualize visuals based on requirements.
- Create concept art, inclusive of articles, graphics, info-graphics, video scripts, social media content, etc. for all channels — print, digital (mobile), social media, OOH, TV etc.
- Develop concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos and websites.
- Work with copywriters and team members to produce final design.
- Coordinate the art direction and execution of illustrations, photo shoots and video shoots, both externally and in-house productions.
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand.
- Liaise with external printers on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality.
- Interact with, present and explain creative concepts as required at all levels.
Internal and External Brand Management
- Create content to adhere to company brand; understand, interpret and enforce the Helium Brand guidelines as regards art direction.
- Oversee and manage all internal and external communication to ensure that look and feel (text, fonts, graphics) appropriately portray brand identity.
- Manage client proposal development from typesetting through to design, print and production.
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics spanning a minimum 6 years’ experience .
- In-depth knowledge of design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details, and artistic excellence
- Eager to work in an entrepreneurial environment and help drive innovation
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative and flexible work style.
- Ability to think creatively with an innovative mindset that is constantly looking for ways to improve things
- First Degree in related field. The equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable.