Are you excited to work for a tech company on the front lines of innovation for some of the biggest brands in the world? Do you thrive in environments where challenging the status quo is the daily norm? If you’re an A-player with energy, initiative, and focus on delivering top results, or as we refer to our colleagues at Clickatell – a Champion – then read on.
At Clickatell, we’re upending the way companies connect, engage, and transact with their customers in chat. Chat is something you do every day with your friends, but it’s also a simple technology that we’ve helped our customers to use to accomplish pretty amazing things. Clickatell helps businesses power customer support, customer engagement, and payments all through chat apps like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
Our customers are some of the most admired and recognizable companies in the world and our communications technology is used to reach more than 15,000 global brands every year. Our jobs offer you a chance to grow your career and work with global teams on technology that is quite simply changing the world.
We could tell you about our great coffee, cool digs, super flexible work-life integration, and amazing benefits, but these won’t convince you to come work with us. If you want to test yourself, work on meaningful projects in a fast-paced environment, and be where every day presents new possibilities, come join one of the greatest global tech companies. We want you!
This year marks our 20th anniversary – an achievement that’s about great vision and execution, but much more. We’ve grown by combining curious minds and quick smiles with a collaborative company culture where we never quit or settle, and always strive to create solutions that will change the world. It’s a big proposition, but it’s a mission our team takes on every day in an environment that provides you with the freedom to create and innovate, while having fun at the same time. We’re a fanatically friendly group that listens and puts each other first to accomplish great things together for our customers, our communities, and Clickatell.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is accountable for assisting the Team Lead: Infrastructure in planning, organizing, controlling, and management of all of platforms and implementation of the related infrastructure strategy. We are looking for an experienced person to help us manage and develop our cloud infrastructure. This role will work closely with our technology teams to provide the support necessary to allow for rapid code deployment and high levels of system uptime.
The Role of our Champion:
- Be a thought leader with regards to Clickatell’s overall cloud adoption strategy.
- Divisional policy and process formulation, strategic planning, resource coordination and operational execution of projects and assisting in procurement process.
- Installation/configuration, operation, maintenance and monitoring of the Clickatell messaging (CMneXt) engine hardware, software and related infrastructure with a focus on high availability, stability and security.
- Technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure
- Auditing and analysis of logs and other system data for troubleshooting and preliminary root cause determination, data backup management, change control management for code deployment and configuration modifications
- Ensuring network, hardware, operating systems, software applications and any related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, customers and partners
- Technical liaison with enterprise customers and vendors as required
- Service, maintain, commission and support global platforms, with a view towards high availability
- Lead the Systems Administration Community of Practices (COP) where a forum is created to share knowledge and promote learning.
ITIL - incident and problem management
- Conduct root cause investigations on all customer-affecting incidents
- Ensure that all known errors and single points of failures are highlighted, documented and feeds back into change management process.
Knowledge-sharing and Documentation
- Ensuring all documentation and diagrams for all environments are accurate and up to date
Operations and Support
- Perform or confirm system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures, including coordinating and communicating with impacted constituencies
- Capacity planning and reporting for all platforms
- Provides escalated technical support that requires an on-site presence
The Capabilities of our Champion:
- Experience in virtualisation and cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux certified (RHCE or better) or other appropriate Linux/Unix certification advantageous
- Perl, python, ruby and/or PHP scripting experience advantageous
- Containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes) knowledge advantageous
- Use of CD/CI tools (Anisible/Puppet/Terraform) advantageous
- Proven experience in and with a large, ISP-type environment and infrastructure advantageous
- Monitoring and alerting experience with Open Source technologies like Icinga/Nagios, Nagvis, Logstash, Elasticsearch, Graphite and Kibana Advantageous
Proven experience in production environments of the below is advantageous:
- SAN storage solutions
- Software package building and release management with software tools such as Puppet, Chef or Salt
- Network/OS clustering
- Own transport and driver’s license beneficial in the rare circumstance where emergency onsite support is required at the data centre
Our Champion's Journey so far:
Must understand and demonstrate knowledge of:
- Networking, from Ethernet to IP
- Operating systems, from bare steel to network services
- IP networks, including but not limited to working knowledge of DHCP, DNS, SMTP, FTP, HTTP
- Minimum of 5 years in a system administrative position
- Minimum of 4 years working experience with Unix or derivative
- Minimum of 4 years working experience with troubleshooting hardware and/or software
- Minimum of 3 years programming or scripting experience
- Amazon Web Services Virtualization technologies such as KVM, XEN or VMWare
Why you will love being here:
- Competitive salary paid monthly
- Medical aid contributions
- Quarterly performance incentives
- Pension fund contribution
- Group life cover
- Communication allowances
- Undercover parking
- Half day off on your birthday
- 5 “personal” days leave a year, over and above your normal annual leave
- Staff events, daily popcorn, snacks, cool offices. All the things that make Clickatell a fantastic place to work
To all Recruitment Agencies, we thank you for your willingness to assist us with this vacancy. As a company we have our own Technical Talent Specialists that has deep knowledge of what our company values in every employee and therefore are able to headhunt themselves. Furthermore we do not accept unsolicited CV’s, terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be considered null and void.