We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our team in Lagos, with a passion for scaling and technical problem-solving to help us grow our product platforms resulting in big outcomes for our customers. You will have the opportunity to engineer scalable systems and features for a massive user base. You’ll help our applications get the proper love and care they deserve.
As an AjoCard Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll contribute to the entire Software Development Lifecycle in a fast-paced agile environment with a high focus on scalable design. Being part of our team you will see how your code, design, and infrastructure is working in production, and the value brought by it. This will enable you to take actions to improve it and celebrate a great job done.
- Collaborate with other engineers to solve technical challenges and ensure continued platform scalability and stability.
- Research, develop, and deploy tools to manage each part of the stack.
- Build systems and tools to automate deployment pipelines.
- Define and own best practices for our engineering teams and assist them in engaging these processes.
- Stay current with industry trends, systems, and practices and teach others to help the engineering team level up.
- Create and manage system documentation, configuration, and backup procedures.
- Support the testing and release of incremental software builds to deliver new capabilities.
- Troubleshoot/triage system, application, build, and deployment issues.
- Creatively solve problems in the DevOps space, collaborating with Engineering, Products, and QA team members.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with Product, Customer Success, and Integration teams on operations tasks and deployments.
- Execute with modern container and cloud-native best practices.
- Document decisions regarding technology choices, best practices, and process flow.
You need to have:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Deep architectural understanding of AWS and Terraform.
- Experience with serverless technologies, container technologies, and orchestration platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, Lambda, Serverless).
- Experience setting up and maintaining a CI/CD pipeline in Bitbucket pipelines, Gitlab CI, Travis CI, Jenkins, or similar.
- Familiarity with working with MongoDB and MySQL databases.
- Deep understanding of web application architecture, including TCP/IP and HTTP, caching, load balancing, and databases.
- Experience working with monitoring and observability tools.
- Familiarity with programming/scripting languages (ie. Python, Bash, NodeJS, Go, etc.).
- Enthusiasm and passion to work in a team as well as solving problems independently.
We hope you have:
- Experience working in Agile (Scrum) teams.
- Experience working with Amazon EKS
- Experience working with service meshes.
- Experience in cloud-native application development.
- Experience with infrastructure as code processes.
Compensation and benefits:
- Remote options (Must be resident in Lagos)
- Working with, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting-things-done attitude
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Find a career path, not just a job
AjoCard is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Temporarily due to COVID-19