The Africa Assurance Digital Innovation team is looking to hire a skilled senior software developer to build tailored digital and innovative solutions for our Assurance business. These solutions encompass a range of smart technologies such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA), SharePoint, Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data Analytics.
You will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of these innovative solutions. These solutions are designed to monitor and facilitate process operations, enhance productivity, maximise efficiency and mitigate risk in the business. You will also be responsible for writing and modifying code, debugging software, and overseeing junior developers.
Other responsibilities include:
- Working with Business Analysts, Junior Developers, Product Owners and other cross-functional resources to define and deliver business impacting projects.
- Directing software programming and documentation development.
- Test, maintain and recommend improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimisation of existing solutions.
- Provide guidance on process design and resolve complex technical design issues.
- Create technical and process documentation for reference and reporting.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- Support the launch and implementation of solutions as well as providing post-implementation support in resolving any potential issues to ensure smooth business operations.
- Work with team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing.
- Testing and debugging code.
Skills and attributes for success
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Logical and efficient, with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical details to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent planning, organisational, project and time management skills.
- Knowledge and interest in computer systems and the latest technologies.
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Software Programming or Information Management.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in a software development role.
- Comfortable communicating with Junior Developers, Business Analysts and Project Managers.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle processes, agile development methodologies, software design and testing.
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
- Experience architecting and developing workflow-based solutions or functionality.
- Experience developing and consuming APIs.
- Experience with web development technologies preferential.
- Experience as a full-stack developer with strong knowledge of software engineering concepts preferred.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- General knowledge and experience in working with databases (Relational and non-relational).
- Experience in analysing and visualising data in Microsoft Excel, Power BI or TIBCO Spotfire advantageous.
- Experience in using Microsoft 365 platform, data storage, analysis, reporting tools and technologies (Azure SQL, Azure Analysis Services, Power BI, Power Automate, Power Pivot, Power Query & Power View, SharePoint etc) preferential.
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
Who we are:
At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It's how you make a difference.
Please note: Preference will be given to PDI candidates.