Posted on May 8th, 2021 | Last day left to apply | 245 views
Department: Digital Factory
Reports to: Head of Digital
Location: Head Office
To contribute across the technology stack, covering the end-to-end development of web and native applications, as well as improvements to DevOps tooling.
● Shaping and implementing technology/business solutions to contribute to the organization’s competitive differentiation
● Provide innovative solutions to complex business problems.
● Plan, develop and implement large-scale projects from conception to completion.
● Develop and architect lifecycle of projects working on different technologies and platforms.
● Uses Agile engineering practices and various software development technologies to rapidly develop creative and efficient solutions that enhance the organization’s technology stack
● Collaborates with other team members to implement user stories, write tests, and continuously deliver new/improved product functionality
● Review and provide feedback to teammates on pull requests raised.
● Communicates with internal IT teams to resolve technical dependencies during implementation
● Builds organization’s brand in the technology community
● Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology / Computer Science or equivalent work experience
● Master’s Degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Information Technology will be an added advantage
● Extensive experience (5+ years) in software development, scripting, and project management
● Experiences with code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, continuous deployment, highly scalable applications, application security
● Experience with Java testing frameworks, such as Mockito, Junit
● Excellent understanding of Java programming and Spring Boot
● Working knowledge of Mobile technologies like Kotlin, Android, iOS
● Experience with database technologies, such as relational and NoSQL databases
● Experience building, testing, and documenting APIs
● Working knowledge of TDD
● Working knowledge and experience in designing distributed applications
● Cloud-native development and operations (DevOps, Docker, K8s)
● Experience with cloud platforms (AWS/GCP/Azure)
● Excellent experience with Git
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
● Full-stack engineer with a passion for mentoring other colleagues in the team
● Real passion for development and a demonstrated appetite for continual learning
● Appreciation for pair programming
● Familiarity with continuous integration and test-driven development